Little surprise

South African snakes with venoms that are not considered to be medically important.

View gallery

Little surprise

Postby jinxx » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:01 am

Last night we had a few friends over and were sitting around chatting and having a few laughs at my siamese cat going all ninja in the corner (not thinking anything of it) we carried on the conversations. Hunter (duely named) my ever graceful cat had found himself a snake to play with. :shock:

My friends Bf Henry is new to the snake thing. He does not own any but he is warming up slowly to them. It's quite a story for him to even enter my house. Well I dont know if Hunter had sensed this but he decided that Henry should be the first to share his amazing find. :lol: Well when Hunter put that cold snake on Henry's bare foot it was a 1 man stand up comedy show I tell you. I dont know who had the bigger fright but it was priceless. :smt005 Needless to say Hunter stood one side quite confused at this whole story. Finally i managed to catch the poor frightend little guy. Turns out its a baby Red Lip Herald. He is quite a small chap guessing about 2 -3 months. We are taking him out to a dam on my friends farm over the weekend. Think he will have a better chance out there than in town.

Thinking of using Hunter for some serious herping expeditions hehehehehe. Lets just hope the furry terrorist sticks to non venomous snakes though.
1.1.0 Pogona vitticeps, 1.1.0 Eublepharus macularius, 6.3.0 Elaphe Guttata, 0.1.0 Lampropeltis getulus california, 0.1.0 Boa constrictor imperator, 1.1.0 Python molurus bivittatus, 1.0.0 Python regius, 1.0.0 Lampropeltis triangulum hondurensis.
jinxx
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Little surprise

Postby Bushviper » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:03 am

Nobody is going to believe that 1. its not your snake to start with and 2. that you do not train your cat to do that sort of thing.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Return to Indigenous mildly venomous snakes