red-lipped herald

South African snakes with venoms that are not considered to be medically important.

View gallery

red-lipped herald

Postby radioactive JOSH » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:21 pm

ok so I've got a new question for u guys, since im on a farm and have seen hundreds of red-lipped heralds im now thinking of keeping 1.. but u know how it goes when im looking for 1 i can never seem to find them but every other day theirs either 1 the boys want to kill or in the house etc.. but now that i want 1 theres not a snake in sight.. any ideas of where to look?
If the ocean was Jack Daniels and i was a duck I'd swim to the bottom and drink my way up
radioactive JOSH
SA Reptiles Member

Re: red-lipped herald

Postby MISA » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:28 pm

Welcome to the Forum Josh,

There is an unwritten law when it comes to finding what you want, when you go looking you often don't find, yet when you not looking you pretty much tripping over them..A chap called Murphy made this law :lol:

My advice would be to let it be, don't put too much effort into looking and they will come to you.. :-D

Best of luck!
"I have absolutely NO tolerance for stupidity and self-inflicted pain borne out of the greed to gain at another’s expense."
(Made_In_SA 09)

1.0 -Matindane (WC)
1.0 -Mkhovu (WC)
1.0 -Tokoloshe (CB)
1.0.1 -Angasi (WC)
MISA
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ales » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:05 pm

Get a torch and walk around searching at night.
Anywhere near logs,stones,bricks with hiding places will be best.
What a world....
Ales
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Kevin Lancaster » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:37 pm

Also look around marshy or wet area, where you might find the odd frog...
“Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.” - Matthew 10:16
Kevin Lancaster
SA Reptiles Member

Postby radioactive JOSH » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:04 am

Well around my house and garden there's hundreds of frogs and im often walking around at night. I'm just going to stop looking and I'll probably end up standing on 1 tonight ha ha..
Thanks for the replies
If the ocean was Jack Daniels and i was a duck I'd swim to the bottom and drink my way up
radioactive JOSH
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Indigenous mildly venomous snakes