Quick Question about a Red Lipped Herald..

South African snakes with venoms that are not considered to be medically important.

View gallery

Re: Quick Question about a Red Lipped Herald..

Postby Aaxel » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:08 am

Yes I agree, I't should not be advised, but then some people live where there are very few if not no snake breeders. For example, when I wanted my first snake, I spent ages looking for a breeder, or anyone who could sell me one, but in vain. Then one day I cought a young herald hatchling, which I kept, she was just as good as a captive bred she always ate, never bit.
Im just saying, If not done on a large scale, catching and keeping young snakes may not be such a bad thing.
never argue with idiots, they will drag you down their level then beat you with experience
Aaxel
SA Reptiles Member

Postby roxboy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:50 pm

I do Agree...Ive just always wanted a Herald and as far as i know there is nowhere i can buy one in Durban...Hence when i found these i decided to keep them...
roxboy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Aaxel » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:07 pm

roxboy wrote:I do Agree...Ive just always wanted a Herald and as far as i know there is nowhere i can buy one in Durban...Hence when i found these i decided to keep them...

Most of my past snakes were wild caught when they where less than 2 weeks old, and have been awsome to keep.
I have decided to get back into heralds, since you've reminded me of what great snakes they are to keep, thanks! :D
never argue with idiots, they will drag you down their level then beat you with experience
Aaxel
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Keags » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:43 pm

Hi guys.

I'm new to this site and came about this topic of herals and I got a few questions?

I'm actually in to tarantulas but love snakes.
I'm 18 and quit the nature freak.

I caught a red lip about a month ago. About 22cm long and it has nice prominent coloured patterns.

I've fed her a small (plat Anna) frog when I caught her down by the river.

What els can I feed it as I've seen post of pinkies as well.

All help will be appreciated.

Thank.
Keags
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Indigenous mildly venomous snakes