Later this year I'm moving down to the Kenton-on-Sea/Bokness area of the Eastern Cape. Our house is right on the beach but in an undeveloped area with plenty of forest and bush. I've never lived in the EC before and I was hoping I could get some expert advice about venomous snakes in the region so we don't have conflict with them. I'm especially worried about my dogs who are total city slickers and a bit stupid
I've done my Googling so I've got some general information about what to do in the event of an encounter or a bite, but I was hoping for some specific, expert advice:
- Are snake encounters in the area generally likely?
- Which venomous snakes are we most likely to encounter?
- Do snakes move down onto the beach?
- Who exactly do I call if I (or my dogs) get bitten?
- Anything else you think may be useful.
Thanks in advance, and apologies if I've posted this in the wrong section.