Cant Believe some people

South African snakes with venoms that are considered to be medically important.

View Gallery

Cant Believe some people

Postby JJward7 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:23 am

Good day all.
I don't really know how to copy a link but i was browsing the web and found this article just copied and pasted it over here to see what you all think.
i hope this has not been posted before.

Woman Spin-Dries Black Mamba
A Zululand woman resorted to spin-drying a black mamba after she saw it inside her washing machine, The Citizen reported on Monday.

"I put the machine on spin dry and waited," Margie Taylor told the publication.
"There was a lot of banging and clonking... when the machine stopped we opened the lid... [and] the snake was suspended over the detergent container, looking dazed and confused, but still alive."
She had first tried to contact her husband David and a local snake catcher, but was unsuccessful.
By the time the spin-dryer had stopped, her husband had arrived home.
He helped unplug the washing machine and take it outside.
The machine lid was opened and the snake was pulled out with a coat hanger. It was then shot by her son.
The incident happened last week at Taylor's property in Inyoka, about 14km outside Empangeni.
Every good story seems to begin with a snake.
JJward7
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Cant Believe some people

Postby Ales » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:03 pm

All three of them should be in prison.
What a world....
Ales
SA Reptiles Member

Postby JJward7 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:48 pm

Yeah i fully agree. Maybe A empty cement mixer for a few hours and then if they survive get shot :lol:
Every good story seems to begin with a snake.
JJward7
SA Reptiles Member

Postby RJG » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:33 pm

The irony is in the name of the area they live in..
RJG
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jamster » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:10 am

I don't really blame them for the most part, except for the shooting of the snake of course. She did try to contact someone to help and remove the snake, but that didn't work out.

Don't get me wrong, I hate it with a passion when people kill animals in general when it is not entirely necessary. But what grates my carrot is not the people killing the animals,it's their ignorance and lack of rationality that causes them to kill these animals. That uncontrollable, irrational and panicked fear of an animal that is simply doing what it's instinct dictates. That is what p!$$e$ me off. That stupid mindset that snakes are evil and bad luck, and that they must be dealt with accordingly.

People with this irrational fear are not simply going to get over it. They need to taught about these animals, and learn to understand them. But nobody has the time to do that.

People killing snakes is going to happen for many years to come. By all means vent and be chipped off about it, but don't wish death upon somebody else because they don't share your ideals.
1.0-reticulated python (Ripcord)
1.1-burmese pythons
5.5-brown house snakes
1.0-taiwanese ratsnake
3.8-BCI
1.1-corn snakes
1.2-rhombic skaapstekers
1.0-yellow rat snake
Jamster
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ruan Stander » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:21 am

It was posted quite some time ago. Sad.
The way to success has no shortcuts.
Ruan Stander
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Lizard_King » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:49 pm

I agree with Jamster and everything he wrote. The greatest disease that runs through our world and humanity especially is ignorance and laziness. People don't want to learn, don't care to understand and they just don't give a damn. I understand how this woman could be scared but I don't understand why her son had to shot the animal.
Lizard_King
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Indigenous highly venomous snakes