Leo morph?

Leo morph?

Postby Leos r gr8 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:56 pm

Hi
I recently bought a young male leopard gecko from a private breeder, this guy told me that this little gecko is a het for tremper albino, I was suprised that such an uncommon morph would be going for that price :shock: , I bought him to enter him into my breeding project but then after lots of spending he finally arrived and did not look as he was described :-? , I was expecting at least to get light colouribg or pink eyes or something, should a het for tremper albino look like this, dont get me wrong though I still think he is really cool and I love him to bits.

Edited - Pinky
Save a tree - eat a beaver.
Leos r gr8
SA Reptiles Member

Postby neko » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:30 pm

Sorry. That got a bit messy, so i deleted quite a few posts.

I'm not an expert on leos, but I think you got ripped off. He isn't large enough, unless he's still growing.

He is very pretty though.
It's peanutbutter jelly time! GET SOME!!
neko
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby Leos r gr8 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:04 pm

Hi
Thanks for cleaning up that mess, He is still growing when these pics were taken he was 7 months old, The guy I bought him from is actually registered on this site. I am a bit annoyed that I didn't get exactly what I paid for, anyway he is still a really nice little guy, any ideas to what morph he is? I know he is not 100% normal because he has reduced patterning and bits of orange on his tail
Leos r gr8
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:16 pm

Being 'het' for a certain morph, it won't feature those morph traits, but some of it's offspring will. The fact that he inaccurately described it to you sounds a bit dodgy.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby Leos r gr8 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:18 pm

Ok
Do you think I should warn others about buying from this guy?
Leos r gr8
SA Reptiles Member

Postby neko » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:18 pm

mmmm.. I didn't read properly. I didn't notice that you said het. I thought he was supposed to be trempor....
It's peanutbutter jelly time! GET SOME!!
neko
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby Leos r gr8 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:23 pm

I was told he is a Het for Trempor Albino
Leos r gr8
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Alpaulo » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:11 am

Leos r gr8..
How is he doing? He is a 'het' for tremper albino leopard gecko. Being a 'het' wont necessarily show the tremper albino trait, rather his offspring will when mated with a tremper albino female or rather a het tremper albino female.

I am the guy who sold him to you, of which I am looking into why I am regarded as 'bad seller' after the sale took place a few months ago. You asked when he was bought, if he had red eyes thinking he was a pure tremper I replied, saying no, he is a 'het' for the trait that is what I sold him as. His genes are true, if need be I can get the breeder of who I bought him from, to show you pictures of the parents.

I even went as far as taking those 'exact' pictures for you, as requested by you, before sending the little guy off, and you were still happy with the the little boy. I'm not trying to create a problem here, far from it, I'm just trying to figure out why now, after a little while, something like this is coming up? Anyways, I sold him as a het, any problems, you have my number, give me a call.
Alpaulo
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:33 am

Ok, I don't think there is anything more the forum can do to help you regardless of whose at fault. You guys sort this out off the board and I'm locking this.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Return to Leopard geckos (Eublepharis macularius)