Thats my boykie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats my boykie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby HOUSE OF DRAGONS » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:33 pm

hi all, i"m soooooo proud of my iggy!! :smt007
i know a lovely chappie , Rohan (he is mentally handicapped)but has a great sense of humour. he suffers from severe epilepsy and had an attack, fell out his wheel chair and broke his hip. had an op and is bedstricken for 8 weeks. i visit him often and he always ask me to bring a iggy to visit, well today, i decided to take my older male to visit. ish didn't know what to expect, he only get handle by me and very little by the rest of the family. here goes nothing, i thought, strange enviroment, noises, tasts etc and to top it all ,a massive mirror on a dresser at feets end. i got there and what an amazing sights!!!
i placed constantine at the bottom of the bed, he IGNORED the mirror , tasted here and there, walked right up to Rohan, climbed on this chest, STRETCHED out him hinds and stayed there for the whole time i spent with him, allowing Rohan to stroke him, not moving a inch!! :D
as if he just knew rohan"s special! what amazing God we serve!
HOUSE OF DRAGONS
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Thats my boykie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby MikeW » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:31 pm

Collectively we know so much about reptiles and thier behaviour, but your post just goes to show how little we really know about them.
big respect bro
MikeW
SA Reptiles Member

Postby gaboon69 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:40 pm

That touches hearts man.
Good on you.
Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life ~
Rachel Carson
gaboon69
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Cornelius » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:37 pm

Wow that is really nice.
makes 1 proud
There is something that is much more scarce, something finer by far , something rarer than ability.
It is the Ability to recognise Ability

http://www.facebook.com/pages/West-Rand-Herpetological-Association/125756994130804?v=photos#!/pages/West-Rand-Herpetological-Association/125756994130804
Cornelius
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sly » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:06 am

You so right about the God we serve...Lovely contribution man, keep up the good work, no deed goes unnoticed bud...we salute you...
Sly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rob » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:25 am

There is way more to Iguanas than we realise. The more research you do on them the more they blow your mind.
This is such a great story. And good on you for making an effort with Rohan, if only more of us would step out of our comfort zone. Including me.
Rob Deans

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~Dale Carnegie
Rob
SA Reptiles Member

Postby QtCreaCha » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:56 pm

We completely under estimate the power of animals.... their understanding, their healing powers, their "intuition" if I may use this word.... they are such highly evolved beings and God's greatest gift to the human race!!! The exact reason why people who do not respect animals and abuse them will suffer dearly I'm afraid! Having said that, HOUSE OF DRAGONS, I was in hospital this week and am also bed ridden??
QtCreaCha
SA Reptiles Member

Postby eyelash viper » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:10 pm

wow and they said reptiles are mindless killing machines ........ yea right
Nature is there for every mans need Not his greed !!!
eyelash viper
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rolandslf » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:46 am

Awesome contribution. Animals have a supernatural way of assessing good from bad, which in turn leads to a sense of empathy which far surpasses human understanding.
Your Iggy obviously could sense the fact that Rohan is special and suffering at the moment.
Well done.
It is better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On.
Roland Friskin
rolandslf
SA Reptiles Member

Postby fredsmith » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:42 am

Amazing how some animals just sense the needs of others...
I've heard of similar accounts from people working with dolphins, dogs and various other mammals, but this is the first time I've heard of a reptile account. Awesome.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- Albert Einstein

Fred Smith
fredsmith
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Cerberus » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:02 pm

Truly amazing thing to see... eat that to those who say reptiles don't show any connection to people.
I Stop to smell the the roses and often forget to start again

Got so many voices in my head.... wish they would get jobs

Education is key to setting you free, For everyone else it's a rock salt stuffed 12 gauge
Cerberus
SA Reptiles Member

Postby HOUSE OF DRAGONS » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:10 pm

Qt! will my starved comodo dragon do the lap thing for you :smt005
HOUSE OF DRAGONS
SA Reptiles Member

Postby QtCreaCha » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:32 am

HOD, he can do anything he wants for me!!! I am dying to touch one, dying! But not a baby either, a big one! All the ones I know are not so friendly and behind glass. It is something I have wanted for years but it is not the right time now. Meyerton??? Maybe you should move closer to civilisation? But I don't mind I will drive out there if need be if I can interact with any safely?
QtCreaCha
SA Reptiles Member

Postby HOUSE OF DRAGONS » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:21 pm

hi Qt!! was it worth it to travel to meyerton???? i'm glad you came to see me, always nice to meet the face behind the avatar! tx for the complement on my set-up, always good to hear positive comments, not true??!!
the veryyyyyy gravid iggie that you saw last week is on her last, ready to explode! i can't wait. my incubator is up and running for her. she also stopped eating and she does that about a week before her eggs are due. will let you know that's up.
HOUSE OF DRAGONS
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Green iguanas (Iguana iguana)