Strawberry Corn

Re: Strawberry Corn

Postby Durban Keeper » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:03 pm

R900 is flippen steep. Honestly. I'll be willing to pay around R180, ok call it R250 for an amel that size MAX. But hey, as long as your son likes it what does the price matter? but for future reference, I'll honestly advise you not to go back to the breeder/seller for further purchases!

Dean.
Life is but a dream for the dead.
Durban Keeper
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Myst » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:22 am

like you said as long as my son is happy,this is my first corn snake as I have 2 royal pythons and I didn't want to get him something that can be a little demanding. So this is why I bought him the Corn. I would like to breed this Corn but as I have noticed I did spend a bit to much for this one. I will need to do a bit more home work on the Corn and find something nice to breed with this one.
Myst
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Durban Keeper » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:12 pm

Honestly, I would pair it with a plain down 'normal' corn. Try find one with nice red saddles. Brings a bit of variety into your collection. Again, don't get fooled. Please, as you say, do your homework. This site is a great resource, I've gained so much in terms of info, experience. not to mention the new friends i've made & the awesome snakes I've bought from members in the process. People here are willing to help.

So. Was your son surprised? how old is he?
Durban Keeper
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Myst » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:27 am

Hi DK thanks for the info, I find it strange that there are still people out there who are willing to help. As things go in this world of ours. Is there a way of determining the age of a corn by measuring or some other way? How long have you been keeping snakes for and what types do you have?
Myst
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Durban Keeper » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:39 pm

I'm not too sure, size is not the best of indication. The snakes Preference in prey size & feeding ferocity could influence this some what. I bet Chantel could give you a better estimate, she is like the queen of corns.

I've been keeping snakes for as long as I can remember.
Here's a pretty comprehensive collection of what I currently have, all that's missing is my big red tailed Boa.

If ever you need any info or a second opinion on something, just give me a shout.

Dean
Durban Keeper
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Myst » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:49 pm

Will do thanks .......
Myst
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Wolf777 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:55 pm

Nice collection Dean
Wolf777
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Corn snakes (Pantherophis (Elaphe) guttata)