Corn snake eggs not hatching

Re: Corn snake eggs not hatching

Postby Fooble » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Bushviper wrote:Fooble if you do not want to cause bad vibes then dont make statements like you did. Leaving the snake inside the egg after the others have hatched is not going to do them any favours. They will die in any case if they cannot cut it so there is no risk involved. If he did not know what cutting the egg entails then he can ask.

As i stated look what happened another user did when he was faced in a similar situation.
That's all i was trying to get stated.
Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby gary57 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:16 pm

Ok so I cut the remaining eggs and I must say they were very hard, like they had dried out somewhat, I really doubt the snakes could have cut open these eggs.

When I touched the one egg I saw the snake inside move so I took a closer look and inside the egg there is like a blood vessel similar to what you find in a chicken egg.

But the snake moved, does this mean it will come out fine??
gary57
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rolandslf » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:50 am

Gary, where are the Pics'
It is better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On.
Roland Friskin
rolandslf
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mitton » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:21 am

gary57 wrote:Ok so I cut the remaining eggs and I must say they were very hard, like they had dried out somewhat, I really doubt the snakes could have cut open these eggs.

When I touched the one egg I saw the snake inside move so I took a closer look and inside the egg there is like a blood vessel similar to what you find in a chicken egg.

But the snake moved, does this mean it will come out fine??
Nice man, I'm glad you cut the eggs. Try not to cut the blood vessel.
If the snake is still moving around inside just leave him there, he will decide to come out when he is ready, at least now he has a way to get out.

Good luck.
www.moreliapythons.co.za
Mitton
Forum gatekeeper

Postby gary57 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:18 am

Sorry forgot the pics. But yeah there was no way they could have cut those eggs open they were just too tough. The way I see it is they would have died in the egg regardless so if they dont make it now with the cut eggs then nothing lost nothing gained.
gary57
SA Reptiles Member

Postby gary57 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:39 pm

I cannot believe it, I get home and 1 of the snakes are coming out of the eggs I cut open, WOW I am so stocked.

Came to upload the pictures and m cameras battery just died, so bummed. But it did download 1 pic before it died so here it is, I will try upload more tomorrow.

gary57
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Wolf777 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:40 pm

Congrats!
Wolf777
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rolandslf » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:12 am

Way to go Gary, glad to see ur also from Durbs.
It is better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On.
Roland Friskin
rolandslf
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Tiffers » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:02 am

Quick question, let's say you thought the snakes were supposed to hatch at day 65 but really they were due at day 80 but you didn't know that so you slit an opening at day 69. can they survive with the opening/slit on the egg until the day they hatch??
Tiffers
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mitton » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:07 am

Tiffers wrote:Quick question, let's say you thought the snakes were supposed to hatch at day 65 but really they were due at day 80 but you didn't know that so you slit an opening at day 69. can they survive with the opening/slit on the egg until the day they hatch??

Yes, should be fine.
www.moreliapythons.co.za
Mitton
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Tiffers » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:22 am

Thanks Mitton, because I was having this problem so I just needed assurance. My friends said it was okay and they breed ball pythons but I have corn snakes. This was a really weird first experience because my female corn snake died due to egg binding she had 21 eggs total and only laid 11, this was her first clutch. Now only 4 egg remain but they look perfect with veins an everything, I slit them to peek inside and they look good, they look like their dad (snow). I was hoping one looked like the mom (amel, bright orange), but noo.
Tiffers
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Corn snakes (Pantherophis (Elaphe) guttata)