Juvinile corn

Juvinile corn

Postby Alkaline » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:02 pm

Hi all :smt006
Just out of interest, are young corn snakes (6-7 months) mormally agressive?
Thanks in advance :-D
A.
Alkaline
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Juvinile corn

Postby Wolf777 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:22 pm

I thinks most young snakes tend to be snappy. You do however get all sorts of "personalities" for instance I have a few corns, all of them used to handling and really calm but my albino male thinks my hand is food every time I open his cage, he only calms down after I pick him up.
Wolf777
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fangless » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:26 am

My Snow female used to shake her tail (rattle) every time I opened her enclosure, she calmed down after about a month of handling, she was about 6 months at the time.

On the other hand my one male is so calm that when he is fed he will always take his feed gently when fed and pull a little on it until I release his food, he will then proceed to eat.

Most of my snake are aggressive eaters, but the point here is that when handled correctly and often a snake will get used to you and calm down when being handled.
2.2.1 (elaphe guttata guttata)
Fangless
SA Reptiles Member

Postby GOM » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:56 pm

I also have a couple of corns and honestly... Tail rattling, or any sign of agressive behaviour is only when I feed them... They kinda get into routine very quickly.... But also even during feeding times they do not mind me handling them as I got them into a habit of being fed seperate from their normal habitat. When I introduce the mice/rats to the feeding "cage" then they start with some tail rattling etc. After feeding leave them for a while and then put them back!!!! No problems of snappy behaviour!

G
On the comeback trail!!!! Slowly but surely!!!
1.1.0 Het Pied PR
2.6.0.Normal PR
1.0.0 Pewter PR
0.1.0 Het Clown PR
1.0.0 Lemon Pastel PR
GOM
SA Reptiles Member

Postby komodoking » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:29 am

I also have a lavender Female corn - since I got her she's been rattling, but I love her to bits and she also never missed a meal so far
komodoking
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Corn snakes (Pantherophis (Elaphe) guttata)