Postby Unforgiven » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:46 am

This is just a continuation of this thread
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=28639
So as to remove all the traffic and see the pics

This is the father
The mother
And the babies I have left

As to some IDs...
I am to understand the father is a normal okettee, is there a possible hint of motley in him as the few saddles on his head dont join?
The female I really dont know, I would say Anery silver phase, but she has a few yellow marks on her that make me think otherwise.

Ok first baby I know is plain okette with maybe some possible hets in him
Second baby is a motley, although I dont know what motley, he's more brown than you can see in the picture, After looking at a couple pictures I don't think he's a normal okettee motley
Then the 3rd baby. I am leaning towards amelanistic? (Is amelanistic the same thing as albino?)
Fear not, forgiveness is in grasp
Unforgiven
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Baby corns

Postby wadekilian » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:27 pm

I'd say the first baby is just a normal, the second baby is definitely a Motley, and the third on is an Albino (amel/amelanistic). As for the mother, I'm leaning towards Silver / Anery as I know they still have a bit of yellow.

You can tell whether its a Motley if it has a clear belly. Normal corns have checkered bellies. Not too sure about the Motley gene in Corn Snakes though. Maybe someone can clarify whether its dominant or not.

Also, if all those babies are from the same clutch, the parents are both het for Albino. Making the babies all 66% possible het Albino aswell.
073 815 4741
BBM - 296fe3c5
wadekilian@yahoo.com
wadekilian
SA Reptiles Member

Postby sega » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi there the father is normal,okeetee's have large thick borders and are very different to normals, he also is not motley as he does not have the tell tail signs,check if he has a clear belly if so than he is a motley.
The mother looks like an anery and the babies appear to be normals,normal motley and amel
The parents are therefor both het for motley and amel.
1.0.0 red tailed boa
0.1.0 snow corn snake,1.0.0 male butter corn snake,1.1.0 candy cane corn snakes,1.0.0butter stripe\motley,amel motley
sega
SA Reptiles Member

Postby TonyK » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:44 am

Well said Sega ,also the yellow on the Anery mom is completely normal as most Anery corns have some yellew around the head and neck.
TonyK
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Unforgiven » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:32 am

Thanks guys
Unforgiven
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Unforgiven » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:28 pm

Hey guys, quick question.

Is there any chance my amel/ albino has the reverse oketee gene in it? After its latest shed and looking through some pics on the web it looks like its heading that way

This is what its future looks like its going to end up as:
Note just a picture taken off of google images
Unforgiven
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chantel » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Reverse Okeetees are SELECTIVELY bred amel morphs (line bred), with the aim to create an amel with exceptional wide borders, and high contrasting colours. A RO is born with wide borders, so I'd say yours is not a RO, but a very nice bright Amel. Not all RO's have Okeetee blood, but I find the ones that do originate from a proper wide bordered Okeetee always turn out the best.
Gavin & Chantel
Chantel
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Corn snakes (Pantherophis (Elaphe) guttata)