What is the difference? Sunglow vs albino

What is the difference? Sunglow vs albino

Postby reinhard » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:40 pm

What's the diffs between a sunglow corn and an albino corn? I bought a male albino from a guy and then last week I bought a female sunglow. They look exactly the same to my untrained eye. Am I too colorblind to see the difference, or what? How will I know which is which when the babies are born. What will the babies be. I don't know whether the female is hetero for albino. It's just something that's puzzling me.
reinhard
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:49 am

A sunglow is a variation of albino which has a yellow background often with orange saddles.

I am with you though they all look like albinos to me.

If you can post some pics I am sure Corncrazy or Chantel could tell you in a heartbeat.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby reinhard » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:31 am

I'll try to get some pics. I don't have a digi cam though. The thing is that they both have equal amounts of each colour except that the albino's colours are a little brighter, but he's also a little younger and smaller. Even the sunglow has a little white in it (same amount as the albino)
reinhard
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Corncrazy » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:24 pm

Hey there.

Like BV says its flippin hard to tell the diff, especially when they hatchlings, they all look the same. Alot of people will actually sell and albino corn as a sunglow jst to make the extra cash.

A sunglow corn is a much brighter corn than the albino and also has no white on it while the albino does.

Hope it helps :D
Dayne
Corncrazy
SA Reptiles Support

Postby reinhard » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:29 am

Well, I'm gonna need a very good camera for you to be able to see the white on both of them. The one sold to me as an Albino's colours are much brighter than the supposed sunglow. I thought that maybe it's because he's a bit younger.
reinhard
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Reptilians » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:32 pm

albinos have white pigment while sunglows have no white pigment at all, its very hard to determine this when the snakes are hatchlings, if you think you have a sunglow hatchling it may very well grow up to be a albino as the white pigment only sometimes shows after a couple of months and sheds...
Reptilians
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Corn snakes (Pantherophis (Elaphe) guttata)