Rescued Corn Snakes

Rescued Corn Snakes

Postby TheVetNurse » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:43 pm

My hubby and I recently rescued three lovely corn snakes from people who had gotten bored of them. They were kept together in a tiny tank that was covered in faeces and two of them have had chronic bad sheds and despite me treating them daily they will loose the tips of their tails.
I got them as "two females and a male" of roughly "1 and a half years" of age but since having them sexed by the vet they have all turned out to be boys, I've still got my doubts about the one though.
I've popped them each into their own enclosures and I'm treating their shed daily.
Would you guys mind helping me to correctly identify their morph types? I'll post some pictures of them later tonight.
TheVetNurse
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Rescued Corn Snakes

Postby TheVetNurse » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:01 pm

The images aren't the best because they simply refused to sit still for me.
TheVetNurse
SA Reptiles Member

Postby TheVetNurse » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:46 pm

Thanks to the Facebook site I've managed to confirm that snake 1 is a ghost motley and the 3rd is a snow. The second guy I'm kind of leaning towards a caramel or amber motley...
TheVetNurse
SA Reptiles Member

Postby TheVetNurse » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:11 pm

So update time on the three little boys. The Snow has been named Drama Queen (I'm not convinced he is a he), the Stripe is called Jeepers Creepers and the little motley's name is Muttley. Queenie is very curious and very very active. I was actually thinking of re-homing him but he has really crawled into my heart.
Jeep is currently on a feeding strike, I know I shouldn't panic but I think we are all worried. His tail tip looks better but he is loosing the tip for sure.
My husband has declared that Muttley is his. I'm actually relieved. The poor little guy is so scared that he strikes every time he is handled but luckily it's like water off a duck's back for my hubby and he is determined to tame him down.
TheVetNurse
SA Reptiles Member

Postby TheVetNurse » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:26 pm

Update on Jeepers Creepers. Such a stunning little boy.
ImageImageImage
TheVetNurse
SA Reptiles Member

Postby GenesisElite » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:54 pm

Yeah, been a long time since I kept corns and have forgotten all the morphs, but your guesses look accurate.
GenesisElite
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Corn snakes (Pantherophis (Elaphe) guttata)