Miami Phase

Miami Phase

Postby Chantel » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:26 pm

When this female hatched earlier this year, her saddles were a chocolate brown colour, and I liked the way she looked so I decided to keep her. She's changed radically over the last few months, now her saddles are a gorgeous, dark red colour. Her mother is a beautiful South Mountain Reptiles Miami. I also like the "frosting" that's starting to come through!

Gavin & Chantel
Chantel
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:56 pm

People are so quick to call any corns with the slightest of grey background colouring a Miami. But this one is nice and clear.
They supposedly dont grow as large too.
Rob Deans

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~Dale Carnegie
Rob
SA Reptiles Member

Postby katesmith » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:43 pm

one of my favorites
katesmith
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Irock » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:41 pm

Rob wrote:People are so quick to call any corns with the slightest of grey background colouring a Miami. But this one is nice and clear.
They supposedly dont grow as large too.

I agree but this one comes from miami stock (imported). :D

I have never heard that they don't grow as big though...I've seen some pretty large TRUE miamis. :)
~Meg~

1.0 Normal 1.0 Anery Motley 1.0 Butter 0.1 Ghost Motley 1.1 Reverse Okeetee 0.1 Caramel het hypo 0.1 Ultramel het caramel 1.0 Hi Red Blood 0.1 Amel hurricane motley het caramel 0.1 Amel stripe Poss. het anery ?.? Lavender
Irock
SA Reptiles Member

Postby crimson king » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:45 am

As a general rule Miami phase animals from the locales in s. FL. don't get as large or as bulky as other corns. Now that so much has been bred into so many, it's kinda hard to tell at first what a baby will look like.
Many Miami corns are almost black and gray at hatching. No color at all. Then the saddles will begin to turn brown/red with the best a dark maroon color.
What I have noticed with a lot of the cb lines is the lack of a thick black border around each saddle.
That's one of the things I look for.

:Mark
crimson king
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:23 am

I must say none of the Miamai that I have seen locally have had the black borders like that.

Either one is very pretty and I believe should be kept seperately as each is rather unique.

Must be fun to just walk down the road and catch Miami corns.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby crimson king » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:02 pm

Ha ha I wish I could just walk around and find them. I'm many miles from their "range". Miami-ish snakes can be found all over but mostly way south of me here in Tampa, FL.
The snake posted above is a cb from f1 parents.
Here's his mom (scanned photo)

:Mark
crimson king
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:27 am

Hey you could walk from Tampa to Miami. Okay it would take a while I suppose. Nothing more than a week or two!
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Return to Corn snakes (Pantherophis (Elaphe) guttata)