cali king morph help

cali king morph help

Postby JJward7 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:00 pm

Good day all.
Please could someone help me identify my king snake I have been calling her a banana lavender albino cali king but I am no expert and think I am incorrect. Could someone with more experience please help me out here.
Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Every good story seems to begin with a snake.
JJward7
SA Reptiles Member

Re: cali king morph help

Postby Westley Price » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:12 pm

I'd say it's not a Lavender Albino. They are much more purple than this and the eyes are a lot darker.

Banana is also a funny morph as it's subjective; to me a Banana must have a lot more yellow and less black (or in the Albino case, pink)

I am also not 100% sure, but I would say that is an Aberrant Albino, but a very pretty snake you have there.
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Re: cali king morph help

Postby Ross Padilla » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:56 pm

It can be tough to tell in photographs if a king is a lavender or an albino. The eyes on an albino are pink. In a lavender they are a dark ruby red. Its hard to see the eyes in this picture. It could be an albino. And I agree with the poster above, it should have more of a percentage of yellow to be a banana. I'd call it an aberrant albino if its an albino.
http://southerncaliforniakingsnakes.weebly.com/
Ross Padilla
SA Reptiles Member

Return to King snakes and milk snakes (Lampropeltis sp.)