Counting My Blessings

Counting My Blessings

Postby Sly » Fri May 11, 2012 11:34 pm

I headed up to Natal from East London over the Easter Weekend April 6 - 8 to visit family and some snake buddies. I made a turn by Richard from Creatures and Critters and managed to secure one of his stunning baby albino RTB. After leaving Richards place i headed to my folks in Balitto. My newly acquired albino RTB safe and secure in the back of my vehicle (so i thought). This was Saturday evening the 7th of April, i decided to leave the baby RTB in my vehicle as it was a warm evening. On the morning of the 8th, i went to my vehicle only to find that my albino RTB had manage to escape his plastic tubb and was gone i searched everywhere no snake, i was also leaving back to East London, with pregnant wife and 3 year old daughter.

Not a very happy drive home wondering, thinking and hoping the the drive would make our little RTB appear over the long haul home. Arrived home in East London no snake appeared, searched the vehicle inside out, Came out every 2 hours with a torch, put fuzzie mice in plastic tubbs with holes in hoping he would pick up their scent and i would find him near their tubb....nothing hours turned to days, days to weeks and by 21 days all hope i had had vanished, he must of gotten out, but where, Albino RTB no chance in hell, where ever he was.

Day 33 arrived this evening and my wife and daughter had got into the vehicle to go to the shops, low and behold my wife spotted our snake on the dash and we found our little guy..33 days later no food, no water, a miracle i believe...remarkably his still in perfect condition, extremely happy.

thanks for looking and a very happy snake man.
Sly
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Counting My Blessings

Postby Shaun P » Fri May 11, 2012 11:47 pm

You must be really happy Deon. I had a snake escape in my van in Durban, drove back to PMB, searched the vehicle inside out, nothing. Lucky my neighbour's came to me and asked me to come and check out the snake their cat caught. Low and behold it was my little houdini.

Regards
Shaun
Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles,
It takes away today's peace.
Shaun P
SA Reptiles Member

Postby juan.bitis » Sat May 12, 2012 7:03 am

Wow dit is n wonderwerk oom deon
juan.bitis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby michael » Sat May 12, 2012 3:07 pm

I'm glad you got him back, I know how hard you looked for him. What a nice blessing my bud!
Michael Burmeister
Psalm 115 v 1
michael
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Bushviper » Tue May 15, 2012 10:44 am

Snakes should be transported in bags and these placed inside wooden boxes which are closed with latches or screws. The IATA regulations are pretty similar and if its good enough for air travel then its good enough for any other transporting.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Eyelash » Tue May 15, 2012 11:10 am

Haha...Glad you finally found the little guy D !

Regards.
Louis Jacobsz
072 7992588
http://www.clickapet.co.za (coming soon)
https://www.facebook.com/LJAfricanCaptiveBreds
Eyelash
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Redtail boas (Boa constrictor sp.)