Information on RTB

Re: Information on RTB

Postby Rabid.Evo8691 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:18 pm

I meant to say neonate not hatchling. Forgive me as the only live bearers I deal with are my hissing roaches lol.

Aggression also separates the species as my male is psychotic. We tried taming him. We left him as a baby in our pockes but teeth stuck in my leg shortly stopped that.

He hisses at everything, quiet possibly even shadows lol. We avoid him when his pupils are black.

We love him but just as a non breeder.
I am big into tattoos so pain isn't really a problem for me but his bite is worse than his hiss lol
Follow our progress on our facebook page (Rabid Evolution reptiles)
Rabid.Evo8691
SA Reptiles member (restricted)

Postby Bushviper » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:00 am

Well post pictures of the red tails you have. You get three distinct groups of boa that originate from Brazil. South brazil, north brazil and then Brazilian short tails.

There are NO hypo jungle RTB around. They will be hybrid mongrels at best. Jungles are only found in Colombian boas and hypos are found in the Colombian, Nicaraguan, Hog island and a few other Central American localities.

Aggression is no indication of species or sex. It is an individual trait.

Females that are 10 feet long would be the biggest seen in South Africa. Please post a picture of them.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Rabid.Evo8691 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:06 pm

Yes the Brazilian, Colombian and Argentini an.

So what of the 3 species have the motley pattern, co dom gene (arabesque) and various other mutations?

The NBRC ( either the Texas or Daytona) show were selling hypos labeled as Brazilians. I will watch the videos just to be more accurate.

I will send pics of my Boa constrictor constrictor during the week.

As with size I have seen 10ft Brazilians in our country. If I am correct the Colombians are shorter in length.

Yes certainly aggression does vary by individual but think about it Texas rat snakes as a species are generally more aggressive than corn snakes. My blood red diffused corn snake even shows a more temperamental personality than our Florida kingsnake but in general our Florida kings are a much more fiesty as a species than our corn snakes.

Phillipe de vosojli states how easily the Colombian species tames compared to the Brazilian species of boa.

Hog islands are smaller relatives and so is the Dumerils.
Rabid.Evo8691

Postby Rabid.Evo8691 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:08 pm

I am not educated with the 3 localities of Brazilians though so I can't speak in general about them.
Rabid.Evo8691

Previous

Return to Redtail boas (Boa constrictor sp.)