Labyrinth Burm

Labyrinth Burm

Postby cornell » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:43 pm

Hi Everyone

I thought I would share some images of my latest pride and joy, my female Labyrinth Burmese Python.

I got her at the SOS Expo in May, since then I have been battling to get her to eat.

Eventually we struck gold and got her eating mice but have since converted her to small rats.

She should be bigger than what she is now, but she is starting to play catch up nicely.

Despite her slow start I am nervous about power feeding to make up for lost time.

She is possible het for albino as well, so will pair her up with my albino male (non-labyrinth) when the time is right to prove out unless I can find a labyrinth male in the meantime.

Anyway, enjoy!

Gav

cornell
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Labyrinth Burm

Postby Westley Price » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:43 am

Beautiful man. Labyrinth is probably the nicest Burm morph in my opinion.

What other morphs do you keep and what are your breeding plans with her?
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Brandz4 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:29 am

Ahh I am so jealous! Have been searching everywhere for a nice labyrinth, to no avail! Have some exciting plans of my own!
Brandz4
SA Reptiles Member

Postby cornell » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:38 pm

Thanks for the nice comments chaps!

@Westley - I would like to breed her at some stage, but I'll hang in there until I find a nice labyrinth male (preferably albino). At this stage though, I just want to get her eating consistently and let her grow slowly and healthily.

@Brandz4 - I was bloody lucky to get her. Bush viper showed my wife and I to the guy who was selling her. I was hesitant because of finances until my wife told me to grow a pair and buy her! Luckily we did because another guy came while we were paying wanting to buy her. Do you have any morphs currently?
cornell
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ruan Stander » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:55 pm

Beautiful snake, I've always liked burms.
The way to success has no shortcuts.
Ruan Stander
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Brandz4 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:02 pm

@Cornell, lucky for you then mate! Yeah at the moment I have a green, albino green and a het granite from the batch that Bv brought in and then also just a normal female. Planning on producing some exciting stuff and that is why I'm keen on getting a nice labby aswell! Burms are definitely my favorite snakes!
Brandz4
SA Reptiles Member

Postby cornell » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:31 am

@Brandz4 - wow you've got some great stuff then! When you get those greens breeding you know who to call, green burms are pretty much my dream snake!
cornell
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Brandz4 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:36 am

Will definitely do mate! They're both over 3m so next year this time I should have some hatchlings! The greens are beautiful but the albino green edges it for me, that solid yellow down the whole body is amazing!
Brandz4
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Burmese pythons (Python molurus)