"BABY" alb labby...

"BABY" alb labby...

Postby Burmbuddy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:25 am

Hi guys.
Here is the snake all the hooplaa was about.
She has not prolapsed again and is eating like a pig.
She is At LEAST 10 months old and i think the pics say it all...

Hopefully i will be able to post an update in a couple of months where she at least needs two hands to controll...lol
Cheers
DAN
Psalms 144:1
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle.
Burmbuddy
SA Reptiles Member

Re: "BABY" alb labby...

Postby RAGE » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:39 am

Thats tiny! Hope the little critter goes through a good few growth spurts. You had more than enough reason to post what you did on the other thread, that size is ridiculous for that age. All the best with burm!
LIFES A .........
RAGE
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Matt Robinson » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:47 am

She is beautiful! I hope everything goes well from now on
Matt Robinson
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Buck Rogers » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:57 am

jeez that is tiny, but she seems healthy, see how she grows over the next few months and base it on that, you could have a pygmy bloodline :roll: (hey stranger things have happened)
Life is a beautiful struggle
Buck Rogers
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushbaby » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:13 am

She is gorgeous!!
http://www.snakebiteassist.co.za
http://www.reptileexpo.co.za
http://www.boaconstrictors.co.za
Bushbaby
SA Reptiles Admin

Postby Bushviper » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:38 pm

Very pretty. Hopefully you have a new dwarf bloodline. The current dwarf Burmese bloodline apparently are real buggers to work with, which defeats the object or keeping a burmese python. This one looks pretty placid so dont give up hope.

She will need a few extra years before she will be ready to breed though. I dont think that it is unreasonable that a wild burmese could be this size after 10 months. They definately grow a lot slower in the wild so this does not mean that she has a permanent setback in life. I have found yearling Rock pythons (closed umbilical etc) that were simlar in size to this specimen.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Burmbuddy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:41 am

If she is a dwarf then I will prob be the luckiest guy on this forum. I have heard the same about the dwarf burms (crazy temperaments), but she is calm as a puppy/normal burm....
I won’t breed her untill she hits 2,7m (At the very least), so if that takes 4 years then so be it...lol
Thanks for the comments guys!
Cheers
DAN
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle.
Burmbuddy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Quasimoto » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:58 am

She's absolutely gorgeous Dan!

Where do you get piggys that small? LOL
Deon & Marelize
Quasimoto
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Burmbuddy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:12 am

Lol
Thanks Deon.
Yes, she has beed eyeing them when i feed the big boys...but her time will come...
Hope allhas been well with your collection!
Cheers
DAN
Burmbuddy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Quasimoto » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:31 pm

Thanks Dan, all's well here. Monty still won' eat though, are all yours feeding now?

Cheers
Deon & Marelize
Quasimoto
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Burmbuddy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:56 pm

HI Deon.
Yea, all but one have started, going crazy....lol
Monty seems to be leaving it late.
How are the other ones doing?
DAN
Burmbuddy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Quasimoto » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:11 pm

All my snakes are doing really well thanks! Delilah my green burm female seems to have outgrown Monty now! She's around 2.5m now and her girth is more than Monty now. Not bad considering she'll be a year old on the 24th of this month!

She has quite a fiery temperament and we all had a mouthfull from her already. She totally has a will of her own and doesn't like to be handled at the moment. The other day she went as far as musking all over us when we put her back in her viv. I don't really understand that as she was docile as a puppy before! Do you think it could be that she picks up Monty's scent?

The rest are doing well, we might get some more movements in the callouts as we had our first descent rain of the year and its really hot out here!

Cheers!
Deon & Marelize
Quasimoto
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Burmbuddy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:56 pm

Hi Deon.
Sorry man, only saw this now.
That is a good size for a yearling! Well done.

Mmmm, I don’t think she will be picking up his scent (even at that size she should not be interested in mating yet).
Perhaps she could be too hot with the temps soaring like they are. I have also noticed some of my animals get restless and irritated before a big storm, the weather has been crazy this year and some animals follow suit…welcome to the teenage years man!...lol
As long as she is eating all should be fine, sometimes they just go through bad spell.

This may sound crazy, but you could also have hurt her by accident when you last handled her, they don’t tend to forgive easily…had to remove some stuck shed from my tics nostril a while back, took him months to trust me again completely (though I will never extend him the same curtasy…lol). Just keep working with her, rather she musk you now then give you a nice little tap 1 or 2 years down the line…lol

Keep well ma!
DAN
Burmbuddy
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Burmese pythons (Python molurus)