A question about feeding big burms

Re: A question about feeding big burms

Postby sachak » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:26 am

sorry I am based in Northgate area.
sachak
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rishaad » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:20 am

Sachak, I saw the paintball canister with the valves for about R400.00 on a website somewhere. I will find the link and send it to you.
And God has Created every animal from water, of them are some creeping on their bellies, some walk on two legs, and some on four. God Creates what He wills, for sure God has Power over all things. (Noble Quran 24:45)

For Goodness Snakes
www.forgoodnesssnakes.co.za
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Postby sachak » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:24 am

Rishaad wrote:Sachak, I saw the paintball canister with the valves for about R400.00 on a website somewhere. I will find the link and send it to you.

Awsome that would be great, thanks a mil!! :)
sachak
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rishaad » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:31 am

And God has Created every animal from water, of them are some creeping on their bellies, some walk on two legs, and some on four. God Creates what He wills, for sure God has Power over all things. (Noble Quran 24:45)

For Goodness Snakes
www.forgoodnesssnakes.co.za
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Postby sachak » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:11 pm

Rishaad wrote:http://www.paintballshop.co.za/catalog.php?navg=bg24&section=Gas%20Systems&subsection=Co2

That is by far the cheapest I have ever seen it, I went to Northgate to get that stuff from paintball shop called Creatures the canister alone was almost R600 or was more cant remember then they wanted to sell me 2nd hand tap valve for R500, then the little braided metal hose was a further R400 <--- 2nd hand! I almost fell over! their answer to me freaking out was well you cant get this stuff from anywhere else! :smt013

So thanks for that link I will most definately try get this stuff when my burm has grown a bit.
sachak
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:51 pm

A CO2 fire extinguisher costs about R600 and mine lasts about 6 months and I use it a lot. That is a much cheaper option.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby TonyK » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:37 pm

You need ask around at a shop selling marine fish and corals,those guys all use CO2 and have should have some cheap Chinese regulators as well as cylinders.Try the local forum MASA they have some nice sponsors who ship products nationwide.
TonyK
SA Reptiles Member

Postby sachak » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:37 am

@ Bushviper - The Fire extinguisher sounds like a good route, but does that have the white poweder in it and where do you get it refilled with just CO2?

@ TonyK -- I will definately take this into consideration as it also sounds like an option.
sachak
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:43 am

Nope just buy a fire extinguisher which works on CO2. They made different types. The same companies will refil the extinguisher.

Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby sachak » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:53 am

Where can I buy one of these, which shop sells them?
sachak
SA Reptiles Member

Postby MikeW » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:26 pm

CO2 is also used in draft beer dispensers and the CO2 bottles much larger and more economical to use. If you can get your hands on one of those they last for ages and you should be able to get it refilled quite reasonably.
MikeW
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:42 am

Mike those big cylinders have to be rented on a monthly basis and that chases the price up. I know afrox will not refill a cylinder if you do not rent it from them.

Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby MikeW » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:58 am

BV thanks - you are right its not viable to rent unless you are using loads of gas. If you know someone with a pub that serves draft it may be possible to work something out though with the bar owner as they usually have plenty of spare bottles lying around with small amount of gas that could be utilised until the bottle is returned (if you know what I mean) :-).
SAB used to provide gas for free if the bar used draft but I dont know if its still the case.
MikeW
SA Reptiles Member

Postby sachak » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:05 am

Thanks again for all the comments guys, I will look into all of this, I got a bigger burm this weekend I will post pics its one of the most beautiful normal burms I have ever seen, has the olive green on the sides and very nicely shaded green markings on its back, but agro as anything I will need to give this burm some time to get to know me and handle her as much as possible, she is very hissy and cage agressive, soon as I take her out after about 5 mins she is very very calm and placid and curious.
sachak
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Burmese pythons (Python molurus)