Big Fat Burm!

Big Fat Burm!

Postby Kristo » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:16 am

This is Butterscotch!
She is our shops display snake.

As is quite clear from the photo,she is gravid and should drop eggs soon!
I have bred many smaller snakes before but never a four and a half metre python!?!

Anybody got any advice to make life easier for me!?! I have warmed up the incubator and given her a spot to lay (wood shavings-undampened)

Any advice on best temp and other basics would prove quite handy!

I am also a bit worried about getting the mass of eggs to fit in the incubator!?! Corns,milks and ball python eggs come in MUCH smaller packages!?!

Also...Is there a definate way to tell weather or not a boa is full of babies!?!
"The prey equals in importance to the preditor and the preditor to that of the prey!"
Kristo
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Kristo » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:53 pm

Well??......anybody!?!
"The prey equals in importance to the preditor and the preditor to that of the prey!"
Kristo
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:26 pm

Seperate the eggs as soon as possible without turning them. Getting her off the eggs woll take at least 4 people. Two to stop the eggs from rolling around and two to uncoil her.

Get the biggest incubator you can find. Attempt to fit 50 tennis balls in there. That way you will know if it is big enough.

Incubate at 31.5 degrees.

The only definate way to see if a boas has babies is to do an ultrasound or else wait till she gives birth.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Return to Burmese pythons (Python molurus)