Temps?

Temps?

Postby Burmbuddy » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:46 pm

I know we have had a few posts on incubation temps this summer, but I just want to make sure about something;

I have my eggs (burmese python) in a tub with a heating panel (fox panel) above the tub. Now I have the temp on the surface of the vermiculite set at 31 deg c, the heater comes on at 29,9 and goes off at 31, so this temp varies between 30-32 deg c.

I also have another temperature probe set in the vermiculite, say 1-2 cm down, and this temp varies between 28,6 and 30 deg C. The humidity is at 89-90% the whole time.

Now what I want to know is, are the lower temperatures a few cm down in the vermiculite ok? The eggs are down about 3/4 with top 1/4 exposed, the temperature probe where the temps are 30-32 sits at this level.

Cheers guys.
DAN

Grammar edited BV
Burmbuddy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Moreliahunter » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:53 pm

Should be fine. You will also notice that the top eggs will dimple more than the bottom eggs. This is al normal so dont let it bother you too much. The incubation container is a closed system so it stabilizes over time. Just dont mess around with the eggs too much. I can suggest a book called "incubating reptile eggs" Its a brilliant book and a welcome addition to any serious breeders collection.
Moreliahunter
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Burmese pythons (Python molurus)