Public Advertizing

Public Advertizing

Postby delta » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:47 pm

I recently placed ads to sell two of my Ball Python females on this site, Gumtree and junkmail. Interestingly both Gumtree and junkmail refused to post any ad that contained the generic word Python in it.
As junkmail put it "Advert Rejected (You are advertising content that is contradictory to the Junk Mail Policy on Pets. Junk Mail, together with Beauty without Cruelty, the NSPCA, other animal rights organisation and classified industry role players, endeavours to protect all". Pretty much the same cr@p as Gumtree.

Seems those Peta animal rights fascists have taken control over the advertising media.
There used to be dozens of Ball Python adverts on Gumtree, now none. Where is everybody currently advertising?
How do I expand my collection by selling what I have excess of to finance the purchase of what I want, if I can't place any adverts to sell and can't find any adverts to buy?
I'm not a happy camper right now!
:smt013 :smt013 :smt013
delta
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Public Advertizing

Postby Westley Price » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:56 am

That is discrimination! cr@p like this really rubs me up the wrong way.

I really suggest you contact Junkmail and ask for their so-called "Policy on Pets" to see what the issue is with wanting to sell pythons.

I might as well say that keeping fish in a tank is cruel and I dont want people advertising fish for sale.

Regarding where people advertise now, I dont use Facebook, but I assume guys use advertise there mostly.

Cheers
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Postby delta » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:19 pm

Thanks Westley. I tried facebook, but it is the most user unfriendly site I have ever encountered. I have found two other sites so far besides this one that appear possible for South Africans to advertise on. Why this one is so quiet, I have no idea? Anyone?
If anyone has any knowledge of other ways for buyers and sellers to connect with each other, please share. It is our freedom to buy, breed, sell and buy again that drives and keeps our hobby alive. If they take that from us, our hobby will die.

1- morphmarket.com
2- snakes with SA website co.za
Last edited by delta on Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
delta
SA Reptiles Member

Postby delta » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:20 pm

another website
delta
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Ball pythons (Python regius)