Help Identify...

Re: Help Identify...

Postby Daniellouw » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:14 am

Sorry Bushviper, I was a bit slow with the typing, did not see your reply. Am I right with the time of year for breeding and hatching?
Daniellouw
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Hope852 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:31 am

Thanks to all of you. This has got to be the most helpful forum I've come across and not one snide remark about my lack of understanding of snakes.
Beats photography forums hands down!!! ;) lol

xx
Hope852
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:29 pm

Daniellouw wrote:Sorry Bushviper, I was a bit slow with the typing, did not see your reply. Am I right with the time of year for breeding and hatching?

You are close but it is not impossible for certain specimens to ovulate and be mated with later in the year if they had a poor season the previous year. That would mean the babies could hatch a lot later. Mambas dont always grow that fast it all depends on the food supply.

Hope852 I am glad you found us to be of assistance as that is one of the reasons this forum was started. We do understand others might not have our interests but need help. We especially enjoy helping people who have not killed the snake in question.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Boadicea » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:16 am

Actually this has proven to be an extremely interesting and educational thread. I did not know that black mambas came in green as juveniles. The pics posted by Daniellouw show just how stunningly beautiful the juveniles can be. Thanks Daniellouw!
"You and I wear the dangerous looseness of doom and find it becoming. Life, for eternal us, is now; and now is much too busy being a little more than everything to seem anything, catastrophic included"- e e cummings
Boadicea
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Serpent » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:18 am

Nice one Daniel!
Serpent
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Mambas (Dendroaspis sp.)