Eastern Diamondback Rattler (Crotalus Adamanteus)

Eastern Diamondback Rattler (Crotalus Adamanteus)

Postby 54bogger » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:45 pm

I have three of these rattlers, two were wild caught as baby's and one was captive born.
Here's the two wild caught named Jerry Lee and Temprance;

54bogger
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Eastern Diamondback Rattler (Crotalus Adamanteus)

Postby 54bogger » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:54 pm

Here's my captive born named Sweetpea;

This was a Christmas pic from this past year,

NOW!! Some here may not like this but I free handle Sweetpea because she is one special rattler! Will she bite? I'm sure she will but she has never even struck at me before, any time I pick her up I could get bit and I accept that and I'm willing to take the risk. With that said.......
54bogger
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ryuu » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:57 am

Awesome Set Ups you have their.. And What you do with your Rattler is Up to you. Just Needs a Disclaimer (Dont try that with any Hots..)

On another Topic...

And this Might get you a Bit Heated..

There are Many many People trying to ban Snake/Reptile Keeping in the US aswel as Here in SA... Getting Bitten.. Or Having a Person say I got Bitten cause I did what I saw in The Picture.. Just Gives them More Ammo..

Thank you For sharing your Stunning Rattle Snakes With us.
Ryuu
SA Reptiles Member

Postby 54bogger » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:31 pm

Thanks, I get bashed a lot for free handling my snakes even though I've tried to explain it to people. I don't free handle all hot snakes just those whom I've worked with for awhile that I feel are more accepting of it. In the state that I live in in the U.S.A its legal for me to not only own venomous but to freehandle my snakes if I so choose to, I'm not braking any laws. For most people who bash me it's always a "what if", I don't live my life worrying 'what if''. I've been called "reckless" well I'm 50 years old and have been handling snakes since I was alittle boy so I think the fact that I've only been bitten by a venomous snake once and that I'm still alive answer's their "reckless" claim.
Sorry, didn't mean to get on my soap box, I'll get down now. lol
54bogger
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Warren Klein » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:28 pm

Hi 54bogger, which US state do you live in? I'm guessing Texas or Carolina maybe?
An inaccurate naturalist is a pest and a danger, forever perpetuating illogical deductions and landing later naturalists in trouble. Damm and blast them all to hell in the most painful way. C.J.P. Ionides
Warren Klein
SA Reptiles Member

Postby 54bogger » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:53 pm

Good guess, I live in South Carolina, I've lived here all my life. I take it you live in Africa, I would love to visit it. Africa is such a beautiful place from all the pics I've seen, you are very blessed.
54bogger
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Warren Klein » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:16 am

I have been to Myrtle beach South Carolina myself. It was a bit of an educated guess, there are few US states that have favorable laws for keeping venomous reptiles. I'm a proud South African (like most of us here) but spend half my time in Angola. I'm sure you would enjoy a visiting our country.
An inaccurate naturalist is a pest and a danger, forever perpetuating illogical deductions and landing later naturalists in trouble. Damm and blast them all to hell in the most painful way. C.J.P. Ionides
Warren Klein
SA Reptiles Member

Postby 54bogger » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:04 pm

Here's a old pic of me and Sweetpea, she is an amazing EDB. So far, she is the only snake I have that has NEVER tried to bite me.(Except for my gaboon Ginger) Pretty amazing.
54bogger
SA Reptiles Member

Postby 54bogger » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:46 pm

Here's Jerry Lee and Temprance;

54bogger
SA Reptiles Member

Postby 54bogger » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Pics removed!
54bogger
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Rattlesnakes (Crotalus sp.)