Hi,need some help with egg incubation!

Hi,need some help with egg incubation!

Postby iluvsnakes » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:44 pm

Hey all,I currently got 4 transvaal thick toed gecko eggs! :D but i would like to know how long they would take to hatch?i currently have them in an incubator covered in some warm fine sand,any information or help on the incubation will be much appreciated from you guys,thanks
iluvsnakes
SA Reptiles member (restricted)

Re: Hi,need some help with egg incubation!

Postby Chamssss » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:40 am

Hey the problem is I have not worked with this species eggs or with any similar eggs. I incubated dwarf gecko eggs before and chameleon eggs. The indigenous dwarf gecko eggs I did the same that I do with chams. Put some vermiculite in a see through plastic tub and moisten it, then half bury the eggs in the stuff, when moving eggs into the vermiculite becareful not to turn the eggs over because that could kill them. Those gecko eggs I just put in my dark cubourd. The chameleon eggs I put in an incubator because the room temperature was either too cold or too hot for them to survive.
Find out if the eggs need to be kept warmer or cooler than the room temps. I can give you ideas of making incubators and know some places where you can get cheap incubators.
Cheers
Chamssss
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Hi,need some help with egg incubation!

Postby Fooble » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:39 am

Pachydactylus eggs take between 75-90 days to hatcth. Leave them semi submerged in dry sand and they will hatch.
Bare in mind the eggs are hard shelled so too much moisture will cause them to become soft and they will get damaged and will not hatch.
Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Return to Indigenous geckos