Angulifer Caging????

Angulifer Caging????

Postby Sdoggssf » Sun May 05, 2013 5:41 am

I just purchased a breeding pair of these guys about a week ago. Beautiful little guys... I set there cage up by placing PVC tunnels under the sand on the cooler side as well as the hotter side. They seem to enjoy the tunnels, but maybe a little too much. I never get to see them at all. Whenever the lights go out it seems like they might come out of the tunnels but shoot back in as soon as I enter the room. I know they are probably acclimating, but I was wondering if they are usually this skittish? I heard they were pretty bold geckos. Should I try to simplify there cage? I've also read that using a infrared bulb or night viewing bulb is a no-no because it will mess with the geckos, what is your opinion?
Thanks
Sdoggssf
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Angulifer Caging????

Postby Sdoggssf » Sun May 05, 2013 10:32 pm

No one!!!!!!
Sdoggssf
SA Reptiles Member

Postby viv1 » Mon May 06, 2013 12:02 am

Google if that does not work ask the person you got them from.
viv1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jamster » Mon May 06, 2013 8:28 am

We are here to help, not to just refer people to google.

I don't see why a nightglo bulb would be a problem, they can be expensive though. If they are healthy and feeding well then that is all that matters. Maybe try to lure them out with food items and get them to feed out in the open. Maybe this will help them to become accustomed to being out in the open. You could also cut a section out of the pvc making the pipe into a half moon shape and lie the tube up against the glass allowing you to see the geckos in the tubes.
1.0-reticulated python (Ripcord)
1.1-burmese pythons
5.5-brown house snakes
1.0-taiwanese ratsnake
3.8-BCI
1.1-corn snakes
1.2-rhombic skaapstekers
1.0-yellow rat snake
Jamster
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fooble » Mon May 06, 2013 8:43 am

C.angulifer are generally quite shy animals ( most of them) being Wild caught are very skittish and do take a long time to calm down in captivity.
You can you use a low wattage Infra-red globe for them to view at night ( in fact you could use a Blue/Red/Green bulb these animals are not affected by those three colour wave lengths).

Keep your handling of them down to a minimum they generally don't enjoy being handled and do have quite a bite on them.
Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Sdoggssf » Mon May 06, 2013 7:39 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys ( jamster/ fooble).. I wouldn't of been asking on this forum if I didn't already do my research via google or any other browsers ( viv1 ). The breeder I got this pair from keeped their setup very basic ( sand and two planting dishes upside down on the cold side and warm side). He didn't use any lights just a heat pad, but I'm using a basking light during the day. Like with all my animals I try to make a very nice setup for them. Sometimes too elaborate, which is why I was asking for suggestions from people who have keeper these guys in the past. My main goal is to make sure these guys are healthy but if I never see them then its hard to tell if they are eating. Fooble, I thought I read somewhere that the infrared light can bother the geckos at nite?
Sdoggssf
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fooble » Mon May 06, 2013 9:18 pm

Use a Light don't use underfloor heating for Ground geckos.

I already mentioned the lights are fine so either take my advise or leave it.

Have a decent search on the forum by using the "SEARCH" bar and you'll find a vast amount of info on these geckos posted by myself.
Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Sdoggssf » Mon May 06, 2013 9:20 pm

Rt on fooble, thanks for the info..
Sdoggssf
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Indigenous geckos