Rain Spider

Here you can share your experiences with us. Be it Spiders, Scorpions, Roaches, they belong here.

View Gallery

Rain Spider

Postby Ironkitten » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:18 pm

Hi

I have a beautiful female rain spider in my garden. Unfortunately she is right by the gate where I have to go in and out every day. Every day I walk past her, she gets a fright for the bright red hair and then jumps on her back legs which in turn makes my heart miss a few beats.

I do not want to kill her, who am I kidding, I wont be able to do that anyway as I am absolutely petrified of her. I am looking for someone to come and take her away please. If there is anyone out there that wants her and could relocate her, please get in touch.

I live in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town, so if there is anyone out there that wants her, please holler!

Regards
Rene
Ironkitten
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Rain Spider

Postby Bundu Boy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:40 am

You may have to DIY I'm afraid.....

Just get a big glass and a piece of paper. Put the glass over her and then slide the paper under the glass thus trapping her in the glass.... then casually walk to your wall and free her into the neighbours garden :-D

They are not dangerous to you and help keep goggas and what not away from your house... I like seeing them around my house but my wife.....not so much....
Bundu Boy
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Rain Spider

Postby Bernice » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:05 pm

Long handled feather duster, the type with real feathers...

Long handle gives you safe distance, and feathers make good spider trap, gently and slowly push the feather duster over the spider, and slowly turn the duster, so that the spider has to climb up into the feathers, when spider is in the feathers, just walk away and shake spider gently off in another location, or just put down the duster and let it walk away in its own time...

Easy peasy...
Happiness is a fat mouse and a warm rock!

Dont fly! 4X4! The noble eagle may soar! but a weasel wont get sucked into a jet intake valve...

Some people are like a slinky spring, they make you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs!
Bernice
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Invertebrates