Albino red blood pythons

Albino red blood pythons

Postby CASSI » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:58 pm

I just wanted to post these pictures, which I got off the net, to show you guys who might not have seen them before. I think they are in the top 3 most beautiful albino snakes you can get. Does anyone know if there are any in the country yet?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1.6.0 Normal Ball Pythons, 1.1.0 Axanthic Ball Pythons, 1.0.0 Albino Ball Python, 0.1.0 het Albino Ball Python, 1.0.0 Mojave Ball Python, 4.3.0 Brazilian rainbow boas, 2.2.0 Dumeril Boas, 1.1.0 Amazon Tree Boas, 0.1.0 Jungle Carpet Python, 1.2.0 Bearded Dragons
CASSI
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Albino red blood pythons

Postby gaboon69 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:14 pm

Hi there Cassi.
Awesome animals thats for sure.
Do you know who the breeders are?
PS : Some guys might take offence if you use their property without permission, but I can imagine you are meaning well with the pics.
Do you perhaps remember what the price tags were ?
Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life ~
Rachel Carson
gaboon69
SA Reptiles Member

Postby CASSI » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:48 am

Yeah- wasnt thinking! :-?
The website is http://www.thebloodline.net/blood.html
1.6.0 Normal Ball Pythons, 1.1.0 Axanthic Ball Pythons, 1.0.0 Albino Ball Python, 0.1.0 het Albino Ball Python, 1.0.0 Mojave Ball Python, 4.3.0 Brazilian rainbow boas, 2.2.0 Dumeril Boas, 1.1.0 Amazon Tree Boas, 0.1.0 Jungle Carpet Python, 1.2.0 Bearded Dragons
CASSI
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:36 am

Albino, ivory and striped blood pythons are spinoffs of the skin trade. A number of years ago some researchers suggested to a guy who was collecting blood pythons for slaughter that if he gets heavily gravid females he should wait till they lay eggs and then try to hatch them. He did this (he still slaughters the mother once she has laid the eggs) and then the eggs get put into incubators and sold as captive bred despite them being captive hatched. By the way with ball pythons in Ghana they actually release the females again.

Within the first year he noticed there were a number of babies that had strange patterns and colouration. When he tried to export the babies he was only given a quota for 200 animals because the other 20 000 blood pythons he had a quota for had to be in the form of skins. The year after that things went better and eventually he was allowed to export all the babies that he produced in this way. Most of these new morphs originate from this project.

The skins of all the snakes are sold and the carcasses are fed to crocodiles (which are also slaughtered for the skin trade, and the meat sold to the other far eastern markets).

Before these Australian researchers made this suggestion the eggs were also just fed to the crocodiles. This has been going on for years and years. The quota for this year was updated now in September and now stands at :
P breitensteini 1652 live and 10 800 skins
P. brongersmai 2250 live and 36 936 skins (these above are this species)
P. curtus 450 live and 1944 skins.

Before you think that is a lot remember that just Indonesia has a quota for 157 500 skins and only 4500 live Reticulated pythons. Even the ratsnake Ptyas mucosus are 85 990 skins and 450 live animals. Naja sputatrix (spitting cobras) which we pay good money for in this country have so little value in Indo that they export 134 550 skins and 450 live snakes every year.

The next time someone tells me that the pet trade is a threat to the survival of any snake species he is going to get a slap on the side of his/her head.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Buck Rogers » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:05 am

Interesting! Very interesting...
Life is a beautiful struggle
Buck Rogers
SA Reptiles Member

Postby kingsnaker » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:29 pm

That is so SAD BV! but instead of the light slap on the side of the head i think it should be a punch in the middle of the face loool.
"And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honor."
[Noble Quran 17:23]

http://www.islamtomorrow.com/default.asp
kingsnaker
SA Reptiles Member

Postby snakemanjayd » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:39 pm

Bushviper wrote:The next time someone tells me that the pet trade is a threat to the survival of any snake species he is going to get a slap on the side of his/her head.

Well said!!!
snakemanjayd
SA Reptiles Member

Postby GeneticMorphs » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:55 am

At the moment you can get Albino bloods (brongersmai) for about £1000 stirling.... and hets for about £300. There is a guy who breeds them quite near to me.... he is the one i got my bloods from.... Tom Bellamy... he also has this new morph project going for ultrabreits.

http://www.bloodpythonsuk.co.uk/index.html

check him out.
GENETICMORPHS.COM
1.1.0 X Reticulated Pythons, 1.1.0 X Burmese Pythons, 2.3.0 X Common BCI, 1.1.0 X Suriname Red Tailed Boas(BCC),
1.0.0 X African Rock Python, 0.1.0 X Yellow ratXcorn, 2.3.0 X African House snakes, 1.2.0 X Blood Python (Brongersmai), 1.0.0 X Ball Python.
GeneticMorphs
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Asian pythons