my new retic cage

my new retic cage

Postby GeneticMorphs » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:43 pm

Almost finished my new cage.... well, the cage is finished, but im still plastering the walls to the room... if that makes sence?? lol
here are some pics i took yesterday....

Hope you like????
GENETICMORPHS.COM
1.1.0 X Reticulated Pythons, 1.1.0 X Burmese Pythons, 2.3.0 X Common BCI, 1.1.0 X Suriname Red Tailed Boas(BCC),
1.0.0 X African Rock Python, 0.1.0 X Yellow ratXcorn, 2.3.0 X African House snakes, 1.2.0 X Blood Python (Brongersmai), 1.0.0 X Ball Python.
GeneticMorphs
SA Reptiles Member

Re: my new retic cage

Postby Bushviper » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:49 pm

Wow that looks so nice. I hope the glass does not break or else it will cost a bit to replace. What I would do with a cage that high is put a strut in the middle and then cut the windows half that size. Firstly they are more difficult to break if they are smaller and also they are cheaper to replace in the event of an accident. They also leave smaller areas for the snake to slip out of when you open the top glass for example when you are feeding. Just something to think about next time.

By the way that Retic looks really well fed and glistens perfectly.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Snakes4Africa » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:32 pm

Cage looks very nice, so do the snakes. Hope they appreciate it. Does the glass slide or hinge?
Those who have made no mistakes have learned nothing and can teach nothing.
The same is true of those who continue to make the same mistakes.

Pain is temporary
Snakes4Africa
SA Reptiles Member

Postby GeneticMorphs » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:43 am

Hi there....
The glass is 8mm tempered and it slides. All 4 of them slide and quite freely as well.

I get the glass for free from my Father in Law, he gets it from a factory, so i have about 10 more for my other cages, unfortunately it only comes in that size 4ft/2ft..... but when its free, i dont complain.

The glass is quite strong... i have dropped one by accident and it only chipped, so i think it should do the trick... Also, the snake is very placid and does not strike.... she just does not like to be picked up...

I am going to be building a similar cage for my red tailed Suriname boas and my African rock Python.
GENETICMORPHS.COM
1.1.0 X Reticulated Pythons, 1.1.0 X Burmese Pythons, 2.3.0 X Common BCI, 1.1.0 X Suriname Red Tailed Boas(BCC),
1.0.0 X African Rock Python, 0.1.0 X Yellow ratXcorn, 2.3.0 X African House snakes, 1.2.0 X Blood Python (Brongersmai), 1.0.0 X Ball Python.
GeneticMorphs
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:38 am

Okay free tempered glass makes the cage design like that a must. If the cage is 8 ft wide then you can slide two pieces across the top and two pieces across the bottom and still have a cage of just over 4 ft high and 8 ft wide.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Burmbuddy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:10 pm

WOW!!!
Now that is what I like to see man!!!
Great cage and great pics!!!!!
That tic is stunning! How old is she and how big?
Are they both normals?

I just love it when people say they don’t climb…mine are off the ground at least once a week….lol

Put some more pics up man! Something like that should not lpasterd as musch as possible!!!
Cheers
DAN
Psalms 144:1
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle.
Burmbuddy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby joshua » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:45 pm

Beautiful snakes and nice cage!!
What are you feeding these guys? They look good!!
joshua
SA Reptiles Member

Postby GeneticMorphs » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:06 am

hi. thanks for the comments

the female in the pic is 3yrs old and 11ft long, she weighs in at 27kilo's

the male in the pic is 9ft long and also 3yrs old

both normals
GENETICMORPHS.COM
GeneticMorphs
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Reticulated pythons (Python reticulatus)