Misting Nozzles

Misting Nozzles

Postby chamman » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:48 pm

Hello

If anybody could help me I'm busy building a automatic misting system theres just one thing I can't seem to find.

A spray nozzle see the photo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chamman
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Misting Nozzles

Postby Pythonodipsas » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:00 am

Have you checked nurseries? Hardware stores?

I use garden sprinkler heads which I prefer, because they give off more of a light rain than a mist. These are usually available at most nurseries.
`
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.
Roger Waters & David Gilmour - 1979
Pythonodipsas
SAReptiles Techie

Postby chamman » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:13 pm

Do you mean those you stick in the ground?
chamman
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Pythonodipsas » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:31 pm

Yes you can attach the nozzle to a spike, which you then stick in the ground. I just attach the nozzle (upside down) to some 12mm aquarium tubing. The aquarium tubing is put through a hole in the top of the cage.
`
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.
Pythonodipsas
SAReptiles Techie

Postby chamman » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:41 pm

Thanks for your advice let me make a trip to mica, what type of reptiles have you got i'm getting a veiled chameleon in about a month.
chamman
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Pythonodipsas » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:00 pm

Ok, i use my the misting sytems for different arboreal vipers. I am sure it would work well for a chameleon though. Keep in mind that you will probably need some sort of drainage hole/s to let excess water out the cage. If I leave my nozzles running for more then a minute then the cages (aquariums) would start to flood if i didn't have drainage.
`
Pythonodipsas
SAReptiles Techie

Postby chamman » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:03 pm

that won't be a problem I use a pond water pump on a timer.
chamman
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Donatello » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:42 pm

im planing on building a automatic misting system for a chameleon... Is it better buying one or better building one? I saw the habba mist from exo-terra and was wondering if i have to go for it? any advice?
Conserve energy... fart in a jar
Donatello
SA Reptiles Member

Postby drummer » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:11 pm

I had outdoor enclosures. The usual garden variety mister on a spike worked wonders. Add a timer to the tap outlet and shazam!
what the hell is wrong with me?
drummer
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:11 am

You should be able to get nozzles from one of these guys. Do you want proper mist or just a fine nozzle?

http://www.google.co.za/search?hl=en&q=misting+system&meta=cr%3DcountryZA&rlz=1W1GPEA_en
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby Donatello » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:51 pm

Thanks froot! I think i should get the fine mist nozzle...
Conserve energy... fart in a jar
Donatello
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:02 pm

The reason I'm asking is the fine nozzles are designed for these mist systems and won't work properly with normal piped water pressure, you'l probably only end up with water dripping from the nozzle. These nozzles are designed for systems with water pressure many times higher than that of council water and you won't achieve a fine mist type spray with standard pressure. Another consideration with tap water is lime accululation (as you may have experienced with shower heads) and unfiltered particulates in the water which will quickly block the nozzle. You'll need to install a fine filter rated at only a few micron while lime can be removed by leaving the nozzle in vinegar overnight.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Return to Veiled chameleons (Chamaeleo calyptratus)