Lavender Albino Retic

Lavender Albino Retic

Postby madrule2002 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:19 pm

hi all i want all of u to see my 3.75 mtr Lavender Albino Retic pythons a big female and i want to breed her with a calico male wish me good luck and
write your comments and i need some good advise for my breeding project :
ImageImageImage
madrule2002
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Lavender Albino Retic

Postby Mitton » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:00 pm

That is amazing, really beautiful. Good luck with the breeding.

Funny, I saw an ad for a Lavender Albino Tiger Reticulated Python on another site today, selling for R45000.00.
www.moreliapythons.co.za
Mitton
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Bushviper » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:02 pm

That is a stunning animal but how come your retics all have injuries on their heads? Her scarred head really detracts from what is a perfectly coloured animal.

Having double hets will be so frustrating because these normal looking babies will have to be kept for a while till they can breed again. The calico might not even be a resessive gene!!!!!
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby madrule2002 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:04 am

Bushviper wrote:That is a stunning animal but how come your retics all have injuries on their heads? Her scarred head really detracts from what is a perfectly coloured animal.

Having double hets will be so frustrating because these normal looking babies will have to be kept for a while till they can breed again. The calico might not even be a resessive gene!!!!!

BV really i dont no man about the injuries comes from where cuz pickup my lavender from the same breeder i dont know but i think he is feeding them big rats and maybe they gets bite from the jumbo rats or something els i am not that expert like u but i just start doing the retic 1st of 2008 and to say the true i did not check my retic %100 to make sure they are clean from injuries about the breeding line i have tiger and albino ,albino tiger, suntiger, and stripe tiger , super tiger, caramel, and the golden one , what do u think i have to do they are almost the same age but not all , waiting for ur advise soon or later and i just want to tell u thank you very much about ur comments
madrule2002
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Iggy » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:42 am

I see there is one for sale in Jo'burg, going for R45000 if anyone is keen...
Perry's Bridge Reptile Park
Hazyview, Mpumalanga
"Through Inspiration Comes Conservation"
http://www.snakes-uncovered.com
FIND US ON FACEBOOK!
Iggy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Alpaulo » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:28 pm

Madrule I am becoming more and more envious of your collection everytime you post pictures of your animals :) Very nice Lavender there, and she's a girl too :)

One question though.. I know you're wanting to get your Calico project on the go as soon as possible, but why waste it out on the albino lavender? As BV said the Calico may not even be recessive (I know Calbino's would be wicked!), but its one big gamble... I would have bred your girl in the pictures with your Albino Tiger (if it is a male), and get some more albinos and albino tigers out from the breeding of these two.. It would leave you with alot more offspring to work with for future projects, such as the cross with the calico. I would probably use your tiger (if it is a female) to cross with the calico and work your way up from there in proving the calico out from there with other morph combo's. I know it takes more time, but in the long run, it'll will make it easier to work with your morph combo's.

You haven't mentioned what sexes your retic morphs may be, so don't really know what combo's to suggest, but hey I gave you some ideas.

Have you been able to introduce any dwarf locales into your projects? Jampea or Kayuadi could be good for future projects too.

All in all, you have one awesome collection so far! Well done brutha :P
Alpaulo
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Burmbuddy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:00 am

No words man....awesome animal!!!!
All i can say is MORE PICS PLEASE!
Cheers
DAN
Psalms 144:1
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle.
Burmbuddy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby top dog » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:33 am

Man great looking albino there, retic are all top draw but the albinos are just out of this world.
Can not beleive i mist out on the one for sale here locally.
Maybe next year.
top dog

Postby Alpaulo » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:41 am

I've seen a couple of ads locally down there, didnt think someone would have some lavender albino's as of yet??

Lets hope people can get hold of these lovely beauts in SA. I'll have to post some pictures very soon :)
Alpaulo
SA Reptiles Member

Postby RAGE » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:22 pm

@ Top dog: I know its a late reply but I havent been online lately. I can get you a well established trio of albino retics if you are interested. There are a couple going around in SA @ the moment. Burmbuddy has seen the pics of me with them. They are pricey. I nearly bought them instead of a new bike and new car lol. P.M me for details if you are interested.
LIFES A .........
RAGE
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Reticulated pythons (Python reticulatus)