Borneo Blood

Re: Borneo Blood

Postby kingsnaker » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:59 pm

I've read this by Kathy Love and actually tried it "Some people have gone as far as leaving a used clothing item such as a T-shirt in the cage of a new pet. They claim it helps the snake get used to thier smell more quickly. We dont know if it works or not, but cant see that it would hurt".
"And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honor."
[Noble Quran 17:23]

http://www.islamtomorrow.com/default.asp
kingsnaker
SA Reptiles Member

Postby kingsnaker » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:12 am

Okay, I think my Borneo is constipated..I gave it one nice warm soak and i also gave it a massage and felt the hard feces.
yet still nothing.
should i just go onto dripping oil on its next meal and hope for the best?
"And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honor."

kingsnaker
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:03 am

Mineral oil (medicinal liquid parrafin) at 1ml per kilogram of snake can be used as it is or introduced with food. I prefer just giving it alone so that there are less faeces to deal with the next time in any case.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby kingsnaker » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:45 pm

I dripped a lil bit of castor oil on its rabbit today, the pharmacist told me its the same thing. i hope it works

kingsnaker
SA Reptiles Member

Postby kingsnaker » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:31 am

Okay its been a week since a gave it that castor oil, yet still nothing. now what? i'm starting to worry.

kingsnaker
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:51 am

Try another chemist and see if you can get liquid paraffin. Weigh the snake and dose it with the exact amount. I have no idea what the chemical / physiological reaction would be between the two oils mentioned and this could be the difference. I would also slip some extra water in with the mixture. In the past I have often taken these snakes outside into the garden and then let the blood pythons crawl across the grass after soaking an area with water. Letting them move around in a wet environment has helped them to defecate.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Bjorn » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:11 pm

Yip BV got the solution there. Lots of exercise will produce a defication. I don't worry to much anymore but almost everyone keeping a blood has worried at some stage. I have had some keep in for 3-4 months with 13 meals and they put my pitbull to shame easily. It seems wrong but bloods just keep it in for ages. When they get backed up a good bit of exercise will give the result every time. Probably on of the only snakes you can tell but picking it up that it has taken a dump because they weigh much less.
Regards
Bjorn
Reptilia Traders cc
http://www.reptiliatraders.co.za
Bjorn
SA Reptiles Member

Postby kingsnaker » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:55 am

Bjorn wrote:Yip BV got the solution there. Lots of exercise will produce a defication. I don't worry to much anymore but almost everyone keeping a blood has worried at some stage. I have had some keep in for 3-4 months with 13 meals and they put my pitbull to shame easily. It seems wrong but bloods just keep it in for ages. When they get backed up a good bit of exercise will give the result every time. Probably on of the only snakes you can tell but picking it up that it has taken a dump because they weigh much less.

You take the load off when you put it that way, tyvm BV and Bjorn

kingsnaker
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Asian pythons