My new babies

Archived topics, still open for discussion.

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:40 am

An update - I left a pink mouse in for each of the atropos and they werent interested. Ended up teasing them with the pink and the male ate. Female not yet.
Rob Deans

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~Dale Carnegie
Rob
SA Reptiles Member

Postby dave » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:29 pm

hope she follows soon,good luck ;-)
dave
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:23 am

Ok finally the female took a mouse this morning.
So we're up and running :)
The teasefeeding worked very well.
Rob Deans

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~Dale Carnegie
Rob
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:12 am

Excellent, it's downhill from here.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby Trayton » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:23 pm

thats great stuff rob, second good thing i've heard from you today ;)

guys the pictures do these animals no justice,saw robs today and are stunning and cheeky as hell! enjoy them!
Trayton
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Pythonodipsas » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:02 pm

Great news Rob! - Well done.
`
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.
Roger Waters & David Gilmour - 1979
Pythonodipsas
SAReptiles Techie

Re: My new babies

Postby Wobbles » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:59 pm

hi rob. i know this is quite and old post so i hope this gets to you. i really dig your baby atropos and i have a question or two for you.

were they eating when you got them ? if so what were they eating ? if they werent eating ( pinkies ) what did you get them started on ? i have a whipper snapper of my own that i have had for a short while ( 2 weeks ) and it is not interested in taking pinkies. in my experience these normally take pinks quite easily ( i have had several over the years ) but this one doesnt seem keen. any ideas of what would be the best to try next would be appreciated.

thanks
Wobbles
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Wobbles » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:56 pm

jeez rob. ta for the unselfish advice. i am not nearly pc literate enough to post a pic or seven as yet but i am working on this slowly but surely. as soon as i become able i will send some for sure.

my little junior is plain red with no markings and pink eyes. ( only joking bout the pink eyes ). i am not sure of the locality as yet but investigations ar underway and i will let you know when i do.

ta again
Wobbles
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rob » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:36 pm

Not a problem. Let us know how it goes.
If he is indeed red then he is no doubt from Mpumalanga. Theyre usually bulletproof so Im sure he will be feeding in no time.
Rob Deans

Rob
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rob » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:08 am

Wobbles - Did you manage to get him feeding?
Rob Deans

Rob
SA Reptiles Member

Postby nvlooi » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:46 pm

Hi Rob

How are the B. atropos doing, some updated pics mabey?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure... - Nelson Mandela

Henco
nvlooi
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rob » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:56 pm

No updated pics as they are no longer with me :( They are with a good friend though which is the next best thing I guess.
Rob Deans

Rob
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Active archive