Thinking of throwing in the towel...

At one stage or the other, we all deal with a death. It is never nice losing a pet and thus, you can share your loss with the rest of us and share your memories so that they will be remembered.

Re: Thinking of throwing in the towel...

Postby QtCreaCha » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:21 am

Legless, the only single ridiculous thing with an animal is abuse...further more there are just no boundaries for them!! I'm left speechless once again and my heart goes out to you!

That's what makes coming to this space rewarding, everyone understands..... even if some posts make you mad as hell sometimes!!!! The value and benefit and special people you meet, not to mention the laughs..... far out weighs the puny frustrations....

It's one thing when someone feels sorry for you just because they feel obliged to and it's another when people feel with you because of a similar experience, it somehow takes that edge off just a bit!

Best of luck, will look out for you at Expo as promised!

Take Care......

PS. Warbot, Legless is a lady not a dude, dude!
QtCreaCha
SA Reptiles Member

Postby LeglessDragon » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:06 am

Thanks QtcreCha. It is rewarding and frustrating here at times. But thats what family is like. We all one big family.

Looking forward to seeing you at the show.

Thanks for letting Warbot know I am not a dude. Was thinking of how to break it to him gently. Hubby was laughing though. Wanted to double check I was not lol! MEN!!!!!
My heart always leads, my brain always lags. Words are said in the moment and friendships made or broken. My heart always leads...
LeglessDragon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby nvlooi » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Leglessdragon- At one stage in my life I had more than 50 snakes. Loved them all dearly but with so many animals came graeter responsibilities than I could handle. As time progressed I made a few mistakes and lost a few snakes after about 10 years of keeping breeding snakes I gave it all up.
Now I have the pure enjoyment of observing reptiles in the wild taking pics of some amazing and rare animals and respecting them with keeping in mind that they are capable of surviving without human intervention, (excluding some threatend species) I'll never push someone to stop keeping reptlies for I know the joy that comes with it.

Hope you are feeling better and remember it is a priveledge to have the responsibility to care for an animal.

These are the last three snakes I had and will never forget them! ( only picture of the male retic )
this 'corn' was just shy of 2m and 10 years old, one of my first snakes.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure... - Nelson Mandela

Henco
nvlooi
SA Reptiles Member

Postby LeglessDragon » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:31 pm

Sorry to hear of your loses. I do not have that many, but it still is a responsability no matter how many animals you have. The corn looks beautiful.

I was really down when I found my female corn dead. I am back up and will still keep on herping. I love this hobby very much. I love my snakes even more.

Thanks.
My heart always leads, my brain always lags. Words are said in the moment and friendships made or broken. My heart always leads...
LeglessDragon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Wolf777 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:09 pm

The first snake I bought was a prairie kingsnake, had him for a few weeks until he accidentily got smashed right in my hand by a friend who was not paying attention to what he was doing, I cried my heart out I got back up and learned from the experience, the second snake I bought was a normal corn, I had "her" for four years, she got out of her new cage that I hadn't designed properly, on the day I wanted to have her sexed so that I could buy her a mate, people beat "her" to death 2 weeks later only about fifty meters from my house, my granfather was a few seconds too late and when he got to the people it was already too late, seeing your snake ripped to shreds is not a nice feeling. After her death I gave up for about two years, and after seeing snakes in a petshop one day, I convinced my brother to give it a try, needless to say the ineviteble happened and I got my brother's snake a mate. I have learned alot from my mistakes and also alot from the mistakes of others and from this website since then, and if there is one thing I can tell you is that if you give up now you will probably make one of the biggest mistakes of your life, people say they are just reptiles, but experience has taught me that these animals are some of the most fascinating on this entire planet! So don't give up, chin up and stay strong!
Wolf777
SA Reptiles Member

Postby LeglessDragon » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:17 pm

Due to the support and a lot of soul searching I decided not to give up. Went looking for more corns as I decided 'what the hell - in for a penny, in for a pound! Then I thought maybe something different to a corn. Well the bug is again biting me! I found something that may be interesting! She will be in my heart always, but if I give up now I would have acheived nothing. I am back on track.

Thanks guys. Thanks for the support and help.
LeglessDragon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Wolf777 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:23 pm

Glad you decided not to throw in the towel, best choice you could have made in this unfortunate situation imo.
Wolf777
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Whitelipp » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:15 pm

Well guys I dont know if you followed my other post about my horned adder.
Well yesterday he was doing very well. He was allert drank water out of his bowl, shed and all. I tend to sit and watch my snakes for hours.
Well I left the huse this morning and as usual checked on all my snakes and put on their lights and all was well.
Then I got home this afternoon and he was dead...
I am broken he was my little boy.
Im thinking of selling the female now but will think about it for a while before I decide.
Dont bite, strike!!!!

Dont keep it real, keep it EXOTIC!!!
Whitelipp
SA Reptiles Member

Postby LeglessDragon » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:55 pm

I am so sorry to hear that Whitelipp. After all you have done. I really, really sympathise. Don't sell her yet. Give it a few weeks before you make that final decision. If I had done what I had wanted to and given my snakes away I would have regretted it terrible now. Wait a while.
LeglessDragon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Cornelius » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:19 pm

And here i was hoping the Taiwanese and the blood red was as good as mine! Damn
Glad to see you are feeling beter, keep strong!

@ Whitelipp, sorry for your loss mate, it seems that this is a bad year for a lot of people. Keep your chin up and don't do something that you will regret later on.
There is something that is much more scarce, something finer by far , something rarer than ability.
It is the Ability to recognise Ability

http://www.facebook.com/pages/West-Rand-Herpetological-Association/125756994130804?v=photos#!/pages/West-Rand-Herpetological-Association/125756994130804
Cornelius
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rishaad » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:47 am

Sympathies whitelipp. What is going on this year?. There are so many people that have lost animals in the last few months. Lets hope things get better.
And God has Created every animal from water, of them are some creeping on their bellies, some walk on two legs, and some on four. God Creates what He wills, for sure God has Power over all things. (Noble Quran 24:45)

For Goodness Snakes
www.forgoodnesssnakes.co.za
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Postby QtCreaCha » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:57 pm

Never ever make such rash decisons when you are in such a heightened state of emotion, you will live to regret it! What ever the reason for this elevated emotion, one just does not think straight and normal judgement is clouded...it's like some posts that get out of hand...it basically boils down to emotion! When one is so passionate about something, your emotions kick in and let rip! The intention at the end of the day is good!

Yes, it has been a bad year for many!

On this note, has anyone heard from corwil? He too had such a bad loss and so traumatic, he was broken and devastated then disappeared?
QtCreaCha
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to RIP