You will be missed Gogo-Buggy!

At one stage or the other, we all deal with a death. It is never nice losing a pet and thus, you can share your loss with the rest of us and share your memories so that they will be remembered.

You will be missed Gogo-Buggy!

Postby Reptard » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:22 pm

I have finally gotten to the point where I feel I can post this, even though I am still very sad... I have still not been able to pack his cage away...

We recently took in a 1.5 year old male sugar glider, who was never looked after properly and was blind, as a result of being left out in the sun. I knew that he was not 100% , but he was given to me, as I've had success in the past with nearly dead animals, who are now very happy and healthy. I was not however aware, that he was already so far gone, as nobody told me this.

Anyway, after he had started warming up to me so nicely, eating all by himself, being active (as much as he could) and even going to sleep under my shirt on my tummy, he curled himself up in his little house on Sunday, went to sleep, and didnt wake up again...

Mommy will always miss you very much little Buggy... :smt022 :(
Reptard's Reptiles
Where even reptards are loved! ;-)
Reptard
SA Reptiles Member

Re: You will be missed Gogo-Buggy!

Postby 10gbooj » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:37 pm

So sorry for your loss. Good on you for trying to help him pull through.
10gbooj
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:44 pm

Sorry to hear that. At least he was not abused till he died but was happy when he went to sleep.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby LeglessDragon » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:47 pm

As Bv said. He was happy when he finnaly slept. Weep for him, morn him. That is the only way you will pull through this.
My heart always leads, my brain always lags. Words are said in the moment and friendships made or broken. My heart always leads...
LeglessDragon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Cornelius » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:50 pm

Sorry for the loss bud, keep your chin up and be strong.
There is something that is much more scarce, something finer by far , something rarer than ability.
It is the Ability to recognise Ability

http://www.facebook.com/pages/West-Rand-Herpetological-Association/125756994130804?v=photos#!/pages/West-Rand-Herpetological-Association/125756994130804
Cornelius
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Reptard » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:42 pm

Thank you guys so much for your comments!
Even though he wasnt a part of my life for very long, he was part of the family from day one, (even when he constantly grumbled at me, and tried to bite me that first day) :-)

I take comfort in the fact that his last little while on earth, was happy!
Reptard's Reptiles
Where even reptards are loved! ;-)
Reptard
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rishaad » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:54 am

Sorry to hear. Take solice in knowing that you tried your best and made him happy in his last days.
And God has Created every animal from water, of them are some creeping on their bellies, some walk on two legs, and some on four. God Creates what He wills, for sure God has Power over all things. (Noble Quran 24:45)

For Goodness Snakes
www.forgoodnesssnakes.co.za
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Return to RIP