Snake skeleton

South African snakes commonly known as non-venomous, including the Natal rock python (Python natalensis).

View Gallery

Snake skeleton

Postby it_bit_me » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:39 pm

Quite nice to see how many teeth they have.
My mom is however whiter than the skeleton after she saw a Herald.
It's my first Herald I've caught here but wont be posting something u guys see everyday.
For finding Egg eaters and Night adders George is the best place and then my weirdest find in Oudtshoorn is a Cape file snake.
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Snake skeleton

Postby nvlooi » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:14 pm

Nice not something you find every day.
What snake was it, do you know?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure... - Nelson Mandela

Henco
nvlooi
SA Reptiles Member

Postby jka » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:24 pm

Cape file snake? This is way out of their range.

Seriously, please let me know when and where?

Give me a shout when you have some eggies I hardly every see any good sized eggeaters.

P.S if you not too keen on discussing localities on the forum send me a pm.
Evolution is an imperfect and often violent process. A battle between what exists, and what is yet to be born.
jka
SA Reptiles Member

Postby atropos » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:50 pm

Very nice. Where'd the skeleton come from?
Dedicated to the snakes of the Western Cape and to those that conserve them - www.capesnakeconservation.com
atropos
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:53 pm

I wanted to say bhs because the skull from above is very slender and long.

Finding a file snake probably wont happen again because it was some years ago. Its on the little farm u see on ur right just before u see Bokomo on ur left. Do u know what I'm talking about?
The snake was luying on a river bank and the area has alot of snail-eaters.

Then egg-eaters are also in farm areas ,around George.
I'm sorry to say that this is also some time ago and the only reason we found them was because farmers were ploughing their lands and destroying alot of termite mounds. We found Up to 50 on one day.
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby jka » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:16 pm

I have an idea where that is but they are developing there. I'm sure they are busy with an security complex.
Evolution is an imperfect and often violent process. A battle between what exists, and what is yet to be born.
jka
SA Reptiles Member

Postby armata » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:44 pm

Well I'm hearing it all. rinkhals in Oudtshoorn, now Cape files?

Then again I have onle had three moles snakes and two B.caudalis in six years, so not writing it off.

Also we now know of a population of night adders and Philothamnus at Swellendam, way west of their range, so lot of work to be done.
' I get my kicks on Route 62 '
armata
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby it_bit_me » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:03 pm

The B. caudalis I would think is the rarest . Moles I see at the nothern cross and Cape cobras I've only ever found in copper colour with no black neck band even in juvenils.
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby jka » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:05 pm

Rinkhals are fact 2 of them in the same area.

We should check out Calitzdorp area for more live moles.
jka
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Indigenous fangless snakes