Hornless B.Caudalis...

Archived topics, still open for discussion.

Re: Hornless B.Caudalis...

Postby gaboon69 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:16 pm

No stress. Everybody is getting plenty caudalis, xeropaga and cornuta from Namibia these days. That too will become something of the past very soon. Believe me when I say Adrianx with his 1 Namibian caudalis is small bait. Enjoy it. It seems healthy.
Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life ~
Rachel Carson
gaboon69
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Superciliaris » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:24 pm

You should sell the snake and buy a camera.
Life is the greatest adventure imaginable.
Superciliaris
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Superciliaris » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:26 pm

Cool adder though I have always loved yellow since I was a bambino ! Like I suggested some proper pictures would be nice... you can't really tell what it really looks like from these ''pics''
Life is the greatest adventure imaginable.
Superciliaris
SA Reptiles Member

Postby adrianx » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:08 am

Superciliaris wrote:You should sell the snake and buy a camera.

Superciliaris wrote:Cool adder though I have always loved yellow since I was a bambino ! Like I suggested some proper pictures would be nice... you can't really tell what it really looks like from these ''pics''

Now why say something stupid like this? Like I said in one of my previous posts, If you don't like it, skip my post and move on, maybe find yourself a coloring book to keep your fingers busy...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not that actually this big ass! I'm just growing tired of hipocrats and their criticism. If there is one thing that I have learned from sharing pictures and info online, it's there will always be that special person shooting you down for no reason.

The point I'm trying to accomplish is simple, I take photo with cellphone (not fancy camera), I transfer photo to computer, I upload photo to website, I share photo with public and other people that would actually appreciate it. So, it's not specifically aimed for your narrow-minded attention! That simple!

Understand me, If it weren't for "insignificant little people" like me finding interest in these wonderful creations of God and someday growing into these "hot-shot-know-it-alls" like you, this "hobby" would have never existed in the first place!

If I'm wrong, I apologize.
If I'm right then, UP YOURS BUDDY!
If you want to run with the big dogs, don't piss like a puppy!
adrianx
SA Reptiles Member

Postby adrianx » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:17 am

Serpy wrote:If this is from the guy i'm thinking of then this is a captive bred, worst case scenario captive born. But i'm sticking with captive bred.

Yes, they are captive bred, apparently these are the 3rd generation. The guy that collected the first specimens did so a couple of years back, so I'm told..
adrianx
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Carpetpythons » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:28 am

You cant breed 3 generations in a couple of years! Three generations would mean at least 9 years in these snakes. Unless this guy breeds them at one year of age. I dont see anything wrong with what superciliaris said.
Carpetpythons
SA Reptiles Member

Postby adrianx » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:09 am

Carpetpythons wrote:You cant breed 3 generations in a couple of years! Three generations would mean at least 9 years in these snakes. Unless this guy breeds them at one year of age. I dont see anything wrong with what superciliaris said.

Did you read the post? I said "so I'm told" whether it's true I don't know. But, the guy I got from isn't into talking cr@p that often and a couple doesn't necessarily mean 3,4 or even 5 years ago. his words was and I quote; "nee f**, ek kan nie onthou waar presies in namibië ek die wyfie gekry het nie, dit was baie lank terug" and that was the specimen originally collected.

I can't seem to understand why you don't see anything wrong with what Superciliaris said, It's a plain forward cocky and unasked for remark with no relevance to the topic.
adrianx
SA Reptiles Member

Postby shamroth » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:28 am

I took superciliaris' comment as a joke, nothing more. As for the female being collected, would that mean that the male was from a different locality? Or was she gravid when collected?
shamroth
SA Reptiles Member

Postby adrianx » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:35 am

I understand that the female was gravid when collected.

Maybe it was meant as a joke, maybe not. But, it was damn rude!
adrianx
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Carpetpythons » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:03 am

How was that rude? He implied that you should get a camera that would take photos that would do the snake justice! We must have hit a nerve by doubting the origins of the animal. There are a few members on this forum that are experts in the field of Bitis. And by the way, you should look in the dictionary to see what the word couple means. You might be surprised.
Carpetpythons
SA Reptiles Member

Postby adrianx » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:53 pm

Carpetpythons wrote:How was that rude? He implied that you should get a camera that would take photos that would do the snake justice! We must have hit a nerve by doubting the origins of the animal. There are a few members on this forum that are experts in the field of Bitis. And by the way, you should look in the dictionary to see what the word couple means. You might be surprised.

cou•ple (kpl)
n.
1. Two items of the same kind; a pair.
2. Something that joins or connects two things together; a link.
3. (used with a sing. or pl. verb)
a. Two people united, as by betrothal or marriage.
b. Two people together.
4. Informal A few; several: a couple of days.
5. Physics A pair of forces of equal magnitude acting in parallel but opposite directions, capable of causing rotation but not translation.
v. cou•pled, cou•pling, cou•ples
v.tr.
1. To link together; connect: coupled her refusal with an explanation.
a. To join as spouses; marry.
b. To join in sexual union.
3. Electricity To link (two circuits or currents) as by magnetic induction.
v.intr.
1. To form pairs; join.
2. To unite sexually; copulate.
3. To join chemically.
adj. Informal
Two or few: "Every couple years the urge strikes, to . . . haul off to a new site" (Garrison Keillor).

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/couple

Mate, if you are struggling to understand the English language, I can help you Sunday afternoons. I don't mind...

If you really think you hit a nerve back there, you are very wrong, you didn't even come close..
If for some reason my photos or posts does not carry the approval of the administrators, They are more than welcome to tell me so and I will therefore not use this forum anymore. But, until such time. your opinion does not matter.
adrianx
SA Reptiles Member

Postby steve » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:06 pm

Drama aside i think the yellow is lovely, very different in this species, i think with some good breeding genetics you could breed some very nice yellow specimens from this animal.
Good luck with her.
Regards
vipers?
steve
SA Reptiles Member

Postby steve » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:07 am

On my 2nd look at the last photo, possibly a male, rather then female?
vipers?
steve
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Serpy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:48 pm

This was from pieter right?
A good burper is a good herper.
Serpy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby gaboon69 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:17 pm

No Serpy...OOM Pieter vir jou, lol.
Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life ~
Rachel Carson
gaboon69
SA Reptiles Member

PreviousNext

Return to Active archive