burms and retics together?

If it has a pelvis and spurs, you can post about it here.

View Gallery

Re: burms and retics together?

Postby TonyK » Thu May 06, 2010 7:40 pm

Jamster wrote: i want to keep 'real' or 'pure' breed snakes, a.k.a no hybrids!

Just google the price of those Bateaters and I am sure you will change your mind :D
TonyK
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jamster » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:04 pm

Hey guys :) I think this was one of my first topics when i joined the forum haha. I've noticed that my posts have become more conformist and are now structured far better, :D

Just an update for the hell of it ;)

Ripcord the Retic is now sitting at just over 3.5m and my burm Cleo is in fact a boy at about the same size, just obviously a little more girthy than the retic.
They are now at work in a roughly 4x4x2.5m high cage along with Custard which is a 3.4m female albino burm. Ripcord and cleo are now bunny eaters and are still doing great:) Will post pics soonish:)
1.0-reticulated python (Ripcord)
1.1-burmese pythons
5.5-brown house snakes
1.0-taiwanese ratsnake
3.8-BCI
1.1-corn snakes
1.2-rhombic skaapstekers
1.0-yellow rat snake
Jamster
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Burmbuddy » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:44 am

Hi man

Post some updated pics - nice to see the bigger ones.

Given that the burm is also a male I would really recommend seperating the male retic out. Male retics bite and tear when they fight other males and have been known to kill each other. I have seen a guy over in the US who had a 18ft male tiger break out of its enclosure and break into the viv of a smaller blond male and kill the other male, only to die later from the cuts it recieved.

Just split that nice big cage.

Dan
Psalms 144:1
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle.
Burmbuddy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sico » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:04 pm

My Male retic just ripped a chunk out of the female... 15 stitches later and it wasn't even that rough a bite... I was putting her back into the cage they share after feeding them. She seems otherwise fine although it will take a good few sheds before her skin heals up all the way.
Mark
Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, experience usually comes from bad judgment.
Sico
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jamster » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:56 pm

The burm is a definate male, the retics are difficult to sex, so not sure if ripcord is a boy:) I know that male retics fight but I have never heard of retics fighting with other species. He will come home soon and have his own cage:)
1.1-burmese pythons
5.5-brown house snakes
1.0-taiwanese ratsnake
3.8-BCI
1.1-corn snakes
1.2-rhombic skaapstekers
1.0-yellow rat snake
Jamster
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Burmbuddy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:58 am

Retics fight with anything...
Psalms 144:1
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle.
Burmbuddy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby F1refly » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:46 pm

Nice looking Retic. I want one now :D The idea of Bateaters sounds quite cool but if it were me, I'd rather breed Pythons that are a little smaller or maybe create "Burmballs" While I don't quite understand most peoples issue with Hybrids, I do understand the issue with Un-Scrupulous dealers selling them as something else. The rest I don't understand. Maybe it's just me. I would love to create Hybrids and I'm honest enough that if I did, I would sell them as such. Going off topic a bit.
The picture of the cages, are those two cages that are connected or..............
"Welcome to Megaton, the Bomb is perfectely safe" - Deputy Weld, Fallout 3

"People don't die in America because of lack of Health Insurance. People die in America because people die in America" - Stephen Colbert

"Just because you don't understand how electricity works, doesn't mean it's the work of god"

Reptiles
1.0.0 Python regius
0.1.0 Pogona vitticeps
0.0.1 Elaphe guttata guttata
0.0.1 Eublepharis macularis
F1refly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jamster » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Yes those cages were connected. I took a jigsaw and cut a square out of both cages and put them together. I would then feed them outside the cage and put them back in separate halves of the cage for a while just in case with a dividing board that slid in between the two:)
1.1-burmese pythons
5.5-brown house snakes
1.0-taiwanese ratsnake
3.8-BCI
1.1-corn snakes
1.2-rhombic skaapstekers
1.0-yellow rat snake
Jamster
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Pythons and Boas