Post your males!

Post your males!

Postby Chamssss » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:28 pm

Hey all.

I notice that noone has ever posted pics of their male veileds, and so I thought it would be a good idea if everyone who has male veiled to post pics of them.
I am looking for some new veileds that have come from veileds that have different colours than the usual, or if they came from insanely big parents.

So when you post pics, tell us his age, length and if you will have any babies from him.

Here is my male, he has mbd but recovering from it, I dont know why he got mbd, I suplemented well and he was practicly raised in the natural sunlight. . .

This was him a few months back, the patterns faided as he got older though I have 3 eggs from him so Im waiting to see how they look, they will hatch in August. My male had these patternts from the day he hatched though as he started getting his bars, the lightning looking marks faded away.

This was one of my boys that passed away last year, he was about 7 years old when he passed, he started loosing his eye sight and didnt shoot his toung accurately nor properley.
But he was a veiled that had colours like Ive never seen before.

He also did not want to mate with my females, so did not get any babies out of him :( Check how nice and bright his colours were, and he was always like that.

Cheers
Chamssss
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Post your males!

Postby Chamssss » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:34 pm

Looks like the link codes didnt copy properley lol, here are the other pictures in the order of where they should be above.
[img]http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq91/Animasdude/coolchams012.jpg/img]

And the last one that passed away

Sorry for that lol
Chamssss
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Carpetpythons » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:57 am

Best product I have ever used for mbd has been solar drops, T-Rex manufactures it. I helped out with some baby veileds that were deformed and had broken bones everywhere from mbd. I did not go according to recommended dosages and administered drops every day over 2 weeks. I also provided a mercury vapour globe. The hatchlings as well as adults recovered quickly to live long healthy lives. I will never use anything else to combat mbd ever again.
Carpetpythons
SA Reptiles Member

Postby nvlooi » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:12 am

What is 'mbd'?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure... - Nelson Mandela

Henco
nvlooi
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chamssss » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:51 am

MBD is metabolic bone disease, quite common with Veiled chameleons. I havnt heard of any other chameleon that has had mbd, except maybe 1 panther in the states.

Thanks Carpetpython, I know that product, and it seems to work quite well. I sent you an email, dont know if you got it?

Cheers
Chamssss
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chamssss » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:55 am

Oh and the male in the last pic, I did not have him in my care when he got those burns on his casque and back. He was a really nice veiled, though did not breed, I kept him anyway though.
Chamssss
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:29 pm

I must say I was given some "Solar drops" as samples and I believed they were rubbish. I handed this out to anyone who asked. Then I used them on a few lizards and was blown away by the results. I have no idea what the ingredients are but the stuff works wonders.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Return to Veiled chameleons (Chamaeleo calyptratus)