Misting problem?

Misting problem?

Postby Urucone » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:53 pm

I've placed my pair of whitelips in their new enclosure, it's a Bio cage(Life plants), with a 2% UVB and a heat emmiter, I just want to know isn't there a easier way to let them drink water than misting it on a daily basis.

My female opens her mouth on a frequent basis, what's up with that?
The male is himself , I didn't observe anything from him.
as long as you keep quiet, no one will notice that your dumb
Urucone
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Misting problem?

Postby Ryuu » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:09 pm

cant you just use a rainmaker method or something like that? for example let water come out of a hole in a bottle at a constant rate. this might sound stupid but I think it might work.

Im not to sure as how the rainmaker method works but I have heard people suing it for reptiles with high humidity needs.

Would be awesome if you could design an entire Life system with flowing water and so on. :P
Ryuu
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mailjvdb » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:21 pm

You would have to have a mist apparatus that has a mechanism to control the amount water it lets through, and then that would have to be worked by a timer. That's the easiest and actually the only way I can think of...
www.deviantexotics.co.za
mailjvdb
SA Reptiles Member

Postby justinvBreda » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:43 pm

White lips are so easy to maintain, if misting their enclosure is too much effort I shudder to think how the more needy species you sell are kept. If you don't want to put in the effort rather just stay away from species that need extra care, I am only looking out for the animals welfare.
justinvBreda
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ryuu » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:49 pm

justinvBreda wrote:White lips are so easy to maintain, if misting their enclosure is too much effort I shudder to think how the more needy species you sell are kept. If you don't want to put in the effort rather just stay away from species that need extra care, I am only looking out for the animals welfare.

No Need to get all antsy

Urucone merely whats to simplify things. IF we all do the Normal we will never move forward discoveries are made by being innovative and seeking out solutions to current problems
Ryuu
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Boskobra » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:52 pm

JustinV@ I don't think that was the queestion!he asking for help and insight, not that he can't take care of them!
Mailj@ I agree, think of a sprinkle system in the garden, narrow it down from there.ask someone at a hardware store to help!
"Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try. "

Eben Keet
Boskobra
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Reinhard Booysen » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:54 pm

Reinhard Booysen
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ryuu » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:57 pm

Awesome! I had no idea products like those existed.

that should actually work rather well!
Ryuu
SA Reptiles Member

Postby justinvBreda » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:27 pm

These kind of post are ridiculous, it has been discussed on the forum before, in any hobby one needs to take the initiative to do some research! That is why sareptiles provides a search engine in the top right hand corner of the home page! I personally believe that is the most neglected service on the forum. It should be used as much as the Word spell and grammar checking service.
justinvBreda
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ryuu » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:51 pm

It really does seem like you woke up on the wrong side of Life.... :/

As for the search Engine You do make a point. But no one forced you to answer any of he's question's nor did anyone ask you to be the Troll of this topic.
It is extremely easy to voice deconstructive/abusive opinions and frankly I think its a sign of weakness or plain stupidity.

As for People being to lazy to Google a certain Question, I agree fully. But that has its boundary's what would you do if you wanted to get the opinion of your peers? Google it? Blindly Following Information wont get you anywhere.
Ryuu
SA Reptiles Member

Postby marc bt » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:21 pm

I have to agree with justinvBreda on this one. There are a couple topics that discuss a "rain maker" and there is even a topic on how to make your own one but unfortunately i can't remember the name of the thread, i'll get back to you on this. That is all i'm going to say, i don't want to start anything.
a wiseman once said:"you can give a man a fish and feed him for a day, but teach him how to fish and feed him for the rest of his life.."
marc bt
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Boskobra » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:33 pm

@Ryuu-i completely agree with you,the people that wants to help please comment,the ones that finds the posts ridiculous don't comment at all!
@justinv- remember these very good words the stupidist queestion is the one not asked!
Reading things out of a book and asking the queestion to MULTIPLE reptile keepers is two different things!
"Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try. "

Eben Keet
Boskobra
SA Reptiles Member

Postby marco valenti » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:07 pm

'queestions' haha funny! @Boskobra I agree with Justin and just a tip,before you start giving advice...Take a second look at your spelling!
marco valenti
SA Reptiles Member

Postby justinvBreda » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:14 pm

No one asked for my opinion, same goes for no one asking you to defend him, by putting it on a public forum I don't see how he wants the opinions of his peers? By putting it up an sareptiles he is opening this discussion to each member, if he wanted it to be directed at his peers he could have asked them personally. If you search 'drip system' you will get 21 hits, 'rain maker' 16 hits pop up and 'mist system' you will receive 22 hits! How many times must the same thing be discussed before the information sinks in? Hence the search function. Let's do the math here: 21+16+22 is.....59 times this has been discussed. Ryuu I am not trying to be a Troll but that is just too many times for the same subject to be discussed. With amount of time and comments you make on the forum I think you will be a fine candidate for the moderator position on Emerald Reptiles, it seems microlepidotus has gone quiet with the school starting and all, but you are filling his void rather quickly, what's it now, 7 posts a day? Only if sareptiles gave awards.
justinvBreda
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ryuu » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:27 pm

Sigh..

Like I said Searching and finding answers yourself is not a bad thing. It needs to be done more often. I totally agree.
But Barking at someone does not contribute to this at all.. People will only use the search function's and no new Information will come to light.. If you find this topic boring, then its your prerogative and if I find it interesting it is mine.
participating in a Mutual information gathering session(Like this one) is what Forums are all about.. Yes it might have been discussed before and yes you may know each of the possible answers. But give the others a chance to contribute as well.

Asking questions bring out other questions as well as different solutions. regardless of them being asked before. people do not share the same perspective and we challenge each others.

As for me Posting each day. That has nothing to do with the issue and is quite irrelevant. Just means that I have free time and I find this site extremely Interesting.

So can we please stop this prattle?
Ryuu
SA Reptiles Member

Next

Return to Whitelipped tree vipers (Cryptelytrops albolabris)