Yesterdays call out(Rinkhals)

Archived topics, still open for discussion.

Yesterdays call out(Rinkhals)

Postby Crash » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:26 pm

ImageImageImageImage
Crash
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Yesterdays call out(Rinkhals)

Postby Crash » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:30 pm

In Alberton, Verwoedpark. Sorry these were the release pics in walkerville. The snake was seen on top of a pile of bricks, And i only got out their the following day, Only to move about 400 bricks :) , Was great fun :-? .
Crash
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Hustler » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:31 pm

Come now bud, you had a good workout ;) . Nice find too
The man who has no imagination has no wings. -Muhammad Ali

You can live every day like a man. But if you do not die like a man then it all means nothing.
- Egan Inoue
Hustler
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Crash » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Haha :) , The worst part about it was a guy that wanted to charge R1000 just to remove it :smt011, I mean come on if i wasnt i reptile lover instead i would shoot it. People should more do it for the love of them than try rip people off and get more snakes killed, Yeah dont do it for free but more ask for a donation on time and effort. I wish i could find the post about this removal, If anyone knows please let me know.
Crash
SA Reptiles Member

Postby atropos » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:44 pm

Beautiful snake. I got an email from the guy. Told me it was two metres, which I doubted, and now I see is unsuprisingly Far off. There should be a phrase for the tendency for people to do that.
Dedicated to the snakes of the Western Cape and to those that conserve them - www.capesnakeconservation.com
atropos
SA Reptiles Member

Postby wildfrontier » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:31 pm

Nice pics! I am getting withdrawals - haven't had a callout in a while - since moving to Gauteng, so I enjoyed your pics. I agree with the comment about charging. The callouts should be done more for the protection of the snake than the public. I usually ask for a small donation to cover my fuel, and the amount is at the discretion of the person who called you (some people just can't afford much). I have had anything from R200 to just a thankyou, but the real reward for me is the release of the snake back into it's natural habitat.
I am investigating getting my Gauteng permit for "catch and release" so I can get my next "fix" - hope I won't have to wait too long!
wildfrontier
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rishaad » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:55 am

Is this the same call out I posted?
And God has Created every animal from water, of them are some creeping on their bellies, some walk on two legs, and some on four. God Creates what He wills, for sure God has Power over all things. (Noble Quran 24:45)

For Goodness Snakes
www.forgoodnesssnakes.co.za
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Crash » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:38 pm

Look it was roughly 1,4m but for someone who does'nt like snakes he was pretty good, Iv had a lot worst :D . I think it was your post, do you have the name of the post?
Crash
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:19 pm

Yeah I think I got that call and referred it to someone else. Cannot remember who. Glad you got it and released it.

Even if nobody else appreciated it, the snake did.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Crash » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:44 pm

@Bv im not to sure who was more exited myself or the owner of the house :lol: , I was just happy that the snake was still alive, And in real good condition. Thanx for all the comments.
Crash
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Active archive