Princess Diamond Morph

Princess Diamond Morph

Postby Westley Price » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi guys

Just thought I'd share this with you as it's definitely the first time I've come across this.

This is a relatively new morph of Boa Constrictor produced by Boaconstrictor.com.

It is called Princess Diamond boa. In essence, it is a leucistic Boa. They produce very nice visual hets (picture below). Visit their website to get the full story and for more pictures.

All pictures belong to boaconstrictors.com

And a picture of the visual het.

"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Re: Princess Diamond Morph

Postby Silvrav » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:13 pm

Now that is an albino! :) lol

Nice find Wes.
Carpet Python - Morelia spilota cheynei
Silvrav
SA Reptiles Member

Postby CarlaSmit87 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:13 pm

WOW this is SO beautifull!
CarlaSmit87
SA Reptiles Member

Postby hunter1 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:22 pm

Awesome post!
hunter1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby n-groundie » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:25 pm

Love the babys.
n-groundie
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Gooey Toes » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:21 pm

Love their colours. :D
Philippians 4:13 For I can do everything through Christ , who gives me strength.
Gooey Toes
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rishaad » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:16 am

"Rishaad wipes the drool off his keyboard". Absolutely stunning.
And God has Created every animal from water, of them are some creeping on their bellies, some walk on two legs, and some on four. God Creates what He wills, for sure God has Power over all things. (Noble Quran 24:45)

For Goodness Snakes
www.forgoodnesssnakes.co.za
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Wolf777 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:45 pm

Stunning! Definitely a first for me too.
Wolf777
SA Reptiles Member

Postby SABOAMAN » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:33 pm

Absolutely stunning :!:

My list of got "to get" just got bigger :D
Rudolf Booyens
SABOAMAN
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mmwc » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:39 pm

WOW!! now that is gorgeous.
mmwc
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:08 pm

Brother, sister allegedly smuggled rare boa constrictor into US
By Dennis Romboy
January 8th, 2014 @ 7:50pm
SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah brother and sister face criminal charges for allegedly smuggling a rare boa constrictor into the United States to breed and sell the offspring for tens of thousands of dollars.

Jeremy Stone, 39, became aware of a white boa at the Niteroi Zoo near Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, that had been caught in the wild, according to a federal indictment.

Stone, owner Jeremy Stone Reptiles in Lindon, sent thousands of dollars to the zoo administrator between 2007 and 2009 as payment for the snake, prosecutors allege.

He sent or had others send emails to the administrator discussing how he could get the boa out of Brazil without export permits. The emails included photos demonstrating how the administrator should pack the snake in his sister's luggage, according to the indictment.

In January 2009, Stone and Keri Ann Stone, 34, of Midvale, traveled to Brazil to meet with the zoo administrator.

According to the indictment, a few days later the Stones attempted to leave Brazil on a cruise ship back to the United States but were denied permission to board because Kari Ann Stone appeared to be in the late months of pregnancy.

They also attempted to board a flight to the United States. Airport security temporarily detained them after finding that she was wearing a hollow, false pregnancy belly and bra. The indictment alleges they were testing airport security.

The Stones ultimately moved the white boa from Brazil to Guyana, where a veterinarian created a fake certificate of origin showing the snake was caught in Guyana, according to the indictment.

Jeremy Stone sent the white boa and other snakes to the Unites States, declaring on a U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service form that they were caught in Guyana and valued at $220, the indictment says.

The snakes were cleared for entry in Miami based on false information on the form on Jan. 29, 2009, and transported to Stone Reptiles in Lindon, according to the indictment.

The indictment alleges Jeremy Stone bred the white boa with other boa constrictors and sold the offspring for tens of thousands of dollars to buyers in the United States, Canada and Italy, among other places.

Jeremy Stone and Keri Ann Stone are charged in a four-count indictment with conspiracy to unlawfully import the snake into the United States; unlawfully importing the snake into the country; transporting the snake knowing it was imported contrary to law; and making and submitting false records for wildlife imported into the United States.

The maximum penalty for the conspiracy count is five years in prison. The potential penalty for importing merchandise contrary to law is 20 years, and submitting false information on a Fish and Wildlife form carries a penalty of five years in prison.

Read more at http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2829370 ... c3Clh75.99
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Bushviper » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:14 pm

Jeremy has said via his lawyer that they are going to contest this and he has been advised to keep silent till the court case.

Now comes the sticky part. This animal had zero commercial value in Brazil. What value is going to be placed on the snake now? It only became valuable after it was smuggled out of the country.

Are all babies "fruit from the poisoned tree" or because they are cross breeds with Columbian boas are they now legal. Will they be returned to Brazil who can do nothing with them.

The original male is reported to be dead however and was destroyed however nobody can verify this.

Technically almost every Brazilian red tailed boa is illegal as are almost all the Argentine boas. Very few Angolan pythons in the US can be traced back to legal shipments but nobody is going after them.

All Bredli's pythons and all Rough scaled pythons are illegal because they were described after Australia closed for commercial exports. How come nobody is going after them. I think this is witch hunt of modern proportions.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Reynard » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:23 pm

So this isn't a lucy boa? Its a completely seperate morph?

I think something under the table is going on. Maby a competitor tipping off?
1.2 Red Tail Boas

It's my life. Let me live it.
Reynard
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Strictly_Snakes » Fri May 09, 2014 9:00 am

Strictly_Snakes
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Redtail boas (Boa constrictor sp.)