Freshly Hatched Egg Eaters.

Re: Freshly Hatched Egg Eaters.

Postby CarlaSmit87 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:26 am

vinnige_fanie do you feed any snake that is sick/shedding problem egg? Do they have something that builds up the snake's strength and is there not maybe something harmfull in eggs to non-egg eating snakes?
CarlaSmit87
SA Reptiles Member

Postby vinnige_fanie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:49 am

Well Carla, if a snake isn't eating at all and in terrible condition it is but the only thing they will keep down, and most snakes will take egg as natural diet if they come across it nature, not all, but some. I know that corn snakes, king snakes, bull snakes, garters (indigenous and exotic), cobras, rinkals, I think mambas, but I don't know if boids will take egg.

Remember this... http://www.sareptiles.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=24905

This is a BHS, and look how this chap turned out, it's just a protein boost a kick start if you like and I never had anything die on me due to egg.
I know that they also give raw egg to dogs that have skin disease, or losing too much hair etc...

And to answer your actual question, the only thing that could be a concern is salmonella but I also doubt but if anyone has contradicting info feel free to comment.
vinnige_fanie
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fooble » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:11 am

Just to Add The Young Egg Eaters are available now and there is an add in the classifieds.
Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Previous

Return to Egg eaters (Dasypeltis sp.)