URGENT - Pietersburg, Seshego

Found a snake in your garden? Need someone to remove it? Here is a list of people who put their lives at risk to save snakes, and remove them unharmed. Please do not prank them. They are there to help you.

Re: URGENT - Pietersburg, Seshego

Postby _THEO_ » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:40 pm

Maybe someone could atleast try to educate the people who are killing the snakes.. It works wonders. Another way to stop them from killing snakes is by offering them money.( I'm against it but it works)
You never know everything.....
You can learn from everyone....
_THEO_
SA Reptiles Member

Postby monopeltis » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:42 pm

Wolf snake with out a doubt...
monopeltis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:19 pm

The speckling on the black snake indicates a Wolf snake.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby monopeltis » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Did the wolf snake not read the label on the snake repellent?
monopeltis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Smeegle » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:54 am

Definitely a wolf snake. The ones I often find also have the white speckles, and the shape of the head with the beady eyes is also a clue.
One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rishaad » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:20 am

Monopeltis, if you have a question, comment or insinuation, I would appreciate if you would be more direct, instead of cynical.

Bear in mind that 2 weeks back when I was there, it was a very cold week and these snakes were already deep inside termite mounds on the premises. Yesterday, which was a blistering hot day in the area, and while the rest of the mounds were being destroyed is when these snakes started coming out of their hides.

If you are questioning the efficiency of the product, in a cynical manner at that, then I have the following info for you which has been discussed on this forum before http://www.sareptiles.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17027&hilit=work#p131594

1. This snake repellent was formulated by knowledgeable people, some well known and respected on this forum, who have been in the snake and chemical business since the time you were still in nappies.

2. It took years of field testing with various species of snakes before the product was approved.

3. This product is shipped in large quantities all over Africa, Australia, Israel, etc and customers are very satisfied with it, as this product has been tested by them as well, some who have their results on video.

4. The product works in a natural setting and within the snakes natural movement, not when it is being disturbed or its life being threatened or maybe pursuing prey. Snakes, when threatened will even go through a fire to protect itself (Fight or flight response), as most knowledgeable snake people already know.
And God has Created every animal from water, of them are some creeping on their bellies, some walk on two legs, and some on four. God Creates what He wills, for sure God has Power over all things. (Noble Quran 24:45)

For Goodness Snakes
www.forgoodnesssnakes.co.za
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rolandslf » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:30 am

Rishaad, I have every confidence in the Product. As stated, it would have had thorough testing conducted before being released on the market.
Another factor worth mentioning as you alluded to, is that the Aussies are using it and they have absolutely stringent systems, rules and procedures in place, which the product would have to pass, before being allowed on their markets.
It is better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On.
Roland Friskin
rolandslf
SA Reptiles Member

Postby monopeltis » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:54 pm

Rishaad wrote:Monopeltis, if you have a question, comment or insinuation, I would appreciate if you would be more direct, instead of cynical.

If you are questioning the efficiency of the product, in a cynical manner at that, then I have the following info for you which has been discussed on this forum before http://www.sareptiles.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17027&hilit=work#p131594

No need to be so defensive and insulting! Its the first sign of someone defending something that is untrue... i never wore nappies!

For goodness sakes, I was just implying that the snake in question did not read the label. It is a known fact that animals cannot read, obviously excluding our species and certain primates which have been able to associate symbols with objects and actions. I'm not getting into the effectiveness of the snake repellent or the potential use of fear to sell the product. I wish you all the best with your venture.

3. This product is shipped in large quantities all over Africa, Australia, Israel, etc and customers are very satisfied with it, as this product has been tested by them as well, some who have their results on video.

Tested by its customers, shipped to over 28 countries and some who have video results... sounds like you are talking about these things!

I'm sorry, lets keep to topic...snake id and the help needed in Seshego. Yes definitely a wolf snake.
But as far as methods used for the snake problem at this site:

You mentioned some of the mounds being destroyed had termites still living in them? Do you not think by destroying the visible layer of mound is only going to kill the termite colony and create even more hiding spots for snakes to com and fill in? Snakes prefer termite mounds that are disused and empty. They go meters into the ground and i doubt there full destruction is ever observed.

I also feel that destroying all the mounds in the vicinity (if that is even possible) would encourage and increase snake/human conflict as the snakes would not have hide spots left on the property(other than the buildings around). Would it not be wise to have someone ahead of time lined up before destroying the termite mounds to handle the increased flood of snakes one would encounter. As you yourself said, the repellent only works in natural environments, which you have destroyed.

I find reptile control very interesting and am only posing real questions, no cynicism.
monopeltis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:08 pm

Rishaad wrote:Hi

Why aren't these photos being used for a animal cruelty case against the people that did it???
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Hoss » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:25 pm

it_bit_me wrote:
Why aren't these photos being used for a animal cruelty case against the people that did it???

Agreed whole heartedly. Rishaad I don't know what your affiliation is with the guys that are doing this (if you work for/with them or something) but if you can threaten them with the animal cruelty case without causing trouble for yourself you should consider doing it.
Hoss
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:38 pm

Just act like it's more fun suing people than killing snakes and they will forgive you.
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rishaad » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:09 pm

No need to be so defensive and insulting! Its the first sign of someone defending something that is untrue... i never wore nappies!

LOL. I'm sorry if you felt insulted, don't :smt022 , maybe try hugging yourself, and have a milkshake. If it is a known fact that animals cannot read then why did you post that comment? Thank you for the well wishes, as fake as they are. By the way I am not the manufacturer of the product but have been using it with many of my customers who have excessive snakes on their properties. To date, I have not had any complaints and my customers are satisfied. I do believe the product works, If I didn't, I would not be promoting it.

Tested by its customers, shipped to over 28 countries and some who have video results... sounds like you are talking about these things!

Seems as though its not just primates that cannot truely read, I did not mention anywhere the exact number of countries the product is being shipped to. It is not just regular end customers who are testing the product, the product has been already tested and approved by the necessary departments here and abroad.

I'm sorry, lets keep to topic...snake id and the help needed in Seshego. Yes definitely a wolf snake.
But as far as methods used for the snake problem at this site:

You mentioned some of the mounds being destroyed had termites still living in them? Do you not think by destroying the visible layer of mound is only going to kill the termite colony and create even more hiding spots for snakes to com and fill in? Snakes prefer termite mounds that are disused and empty. They go meters into the ground and i doubt there full destruction is ever observed.

I also feel that destroying all the mounds in the vicinity (if that is even possible) would encourage and increase snake/human conflict as the snakes would not have hide spots left on the property(other than the buildings around). Would it not be wise to have someone ahead of time lined up before destroying the termite mounds to handle the increased flood of snakes one would encounter. As you yourself said, the repellent only works in natural environments, which you have destroyed.

Yes, I do understand that there is a network of tunnels under the termite mounds and that is why I have asked management to treat the mounds for termites after they have been removed. I have also asked them to fill these holes as to discourage creating hiding spots for the snakes. Yes, it would be wise to have someone there when the termite mounds are being removed but that is exactly what I am looking for, someone to assist in the area and with the current problem. As a matter of fact I was not even aware that the mounds were being removed yesterday until I was sent the pictures of the snakes that were found. I never said natural enviroments, but natural setting, and by that implied a snake moving at its own peril and not being chased or threatened. There is still development taking place on the company premises and is probably going to be tarred in the very near future so the natural enviroment "you" speak of, will unfortunately soon be no more.

I find reptile control very interesting and am only posing real questions, no cynicism.

So asking why a snake didn't read a label constitutes as a "real question" and not cynicism to you :roll:

@ Hoss and it_bit_me:

I have begged and pleaded with the people responsible for killing these snakes to stop, but it has unfortunately fallen on deaf eyes. I have been told it is expected and accepted in their culture to kill snakes. This is why the sooner I find someone who is willing to assist on that side, the sooner this can stop. I have finally got in touch with someone who is willing to help but this will only prove out when the next snake is spotted. I have humbly asked that this person be contacted in such a situation.
And God has Created every animal from water, of them are some creeping on their bellies, some walk on two legs, and some on four. God Creates what He wills, for sure God has Power over all things. (Noble Quran 24:45)

For Goodness Snakes
www.forgoodnesssnakes.co.za
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Postby monopeltis » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:56 pm

The power balance is shipped to over 28 countries which i was referring to, sorry i never stipulated... even more than snake repel. But im guessing the point of using the product i selected flew past you. It's okay.

I never said natural enviroments, but natural setting, and by that implied a snake moving at its own peril and not being chased or threatened.

Exactly, natural setting would be a snake not chased from its hide. Disturbed snakes would cross the magic boundary.
monopeltis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby nvlooi » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:39 pm

#$%^ each other out over pms... this spoiled my evening.

Mods, welcome to remove my post.

H
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure... - Nelson Mandela

Henco
nvlooi
SA Reptiles Member

Postby _THEO_ » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:45 pm

Is the snake repelent's effect proportional to the size of the snake? What is the main ingredient in the product?
You never know everything.....
You can learn from everyone....
_THEO_
SA Reptiles Member

PreviousNext

Return to Problem Reptile Removals