Confirm ID please?

South African snakes with venoms that are not considered to be medically important.

View gallery

Re: Confirm ID please?

Postby Smeegle » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:08 am

Rob Macmillan wrote:Im with Fooble on the ID part from photos unless you have had a fair amount of dealings with them. I await our spring/summer rains because im eager to go find some and do some research on them (YES! yet another research idea and proposal is at hand. Keep ears and eyes open for those in the know) Once again, great find Smeegle. Just drop it off with my old lady at the school tomorrow and ill give you those last remaining mites i promised. Fair trade i say! LOL!!! :lol:

So true, the problem is we see these species so seldom that we forget what the characteristics are.

I was actually chatting to the old girl this morning, but after listening to stories about all the grief you give her with jumping out of planes and stuff, I didn't have the heart to give her a "harmless" snake to keep! Besides, I have enough mites living in my pants, so you'll have to come up with a much better offer than that!
One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fooble » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:39 am

http://www.sareptiles.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=26352&start=30
Smeegle some Stiletto shots i took just for you. ;)
Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Smeegle » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:55 am

Fooble wrote:http://www.sareptiles.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=26352&start=30
Smeegle some Stiletto shots i took just for you. ;)

Oh, you Biscuit! Thanks man!

I found a large Blind Snake thing the other day and it also has the small eyes, the spike on the tail and was completely black. Is there a simple way to sitinguish them, something similar to Theo's advice about the subcaudals in terms of the black and the glossed?
One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rob Macmillan » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:37 am

Ummm......Smeegle, why do you have mites in your pants? :smt017 Just spray Frontline and dont worry if it gets in the "snakes" mouth. We will just call you limp biscuit from now on! RAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :smt016
Rob Macmillan
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Indigenous mildly venomous snakes