Building a Burm room.

Postby WAYNET » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:06 pm

Very nice! Well done!

I purchased a wendy house years ago but didn't insulate the thing. Was a total nightmare!
WAYNET
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mw-glenn » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:00 pm

Yeah, at first I was only gonna do the ceiling but I'm damn glad we did the walls too. I think it made a huge difference. The wendy is really performing well - the temp is nice and consistent.
Glenn.
mw-glenn
SA Reptiles Member

Postby WAYNET » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:45 am

mw-glenn wrote:Yeah, at first I was only gonna do the ceiling but I'm damn glad we did the walls too. I think it made a huge difference. The wendy is really performing well - the temp is nice and consistent.

One piece of advice: Make sure your electrical connections are 100%. Electrical 'Chocolate-block' connecters which are a firm favorite with the D.I.Y electricians amongst us (including myself) are a no-no. Wendy's burn really quickly..
WAYNET
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mw-glenn » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:26 am

Thanks for the advice - what alternatives are there? I'm using three at the moment.
Glenn.
mw-glenn
SA Reptiles Member

Postby WAYNET » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:58 pm

mw-glenn wrote:Thanks for the advice - what alternatives are there? I'm using three at the moment.

Most electrical shops now sell electrical 'joint kits' (Not to be confused with the stuff you aren't really allowed to smoke) These kits normally come in two forms: The first comes with a fluid type insulating glue that you pour into the plastic joint kit once the connections are made. The 2nd kit is very similar but doesn't include the insulating glue. You basically lay the wires into the joint kit, close it with the two screws provided and walla!

Both are pretty good and are considerably safer than the 'chocolate-block' connector option.
WAYNET
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Burmese pythons (Python molurus)