Rinkhals in my kombuis

Found a snake in your garden? Need someone to remove it? Here is a list of people who put their lives at risk to save snakes, and remove them unharmed. Please do not prank them. They are there to help you.

Rinkhals in my kombuis

Postby Petitfarm » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:12 pm

I really need someone to offer to remove the Rinkhals which I almost tripped over in my kombuis last night. Or - someone could advise methods to capture and remove. We seem to have an abundance of Rinkhals on the property - its the third one in three weeks. The three Rinkhals that I have sighted are of different sizes and one of them was killed by one of the tenants on the farm - so they are definitely different snakes (all Rinkhals) however. I screeched like a banshee and it turned 180 degrees and left via the back door at high speed. It is now somewhere in my garden. I also need information on their habits as clearly this is not going to be the last Rinkhals. I really don't want to wake up with one in my bed, or crawling over my couch whilst I am watching tele. And more importantly, I don't want to lose my beloved Parrot. There are also tenant children living on this small farm who would also be under threat. Any offers to help clear some of these snakes out? The small farm has been developed into a townhouse estate over the past decade and I am one of the tenants. Leaving windows and doors open in this extreme heat has now become "not an option". Any other advice?
Petitfarm
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Rinkhals in my kombuis

Postby Mitton » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi

What area is this?
www.moreliapythons.co.za
Mitton
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Viper Wade » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:22 pm

Are you the lady that called me this morning asking if I have a spray of some kind to keep them away? She mentioned that there were a few rinkhals encounters the past few days
See you later alligator
In awhile crocodile
Viper Wade
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chopper 1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Mitton wrote:Hi

What area is this?

Looks like Petit area (Benoni)??
To fly is Heavenly but to hover is Divine
Chopper 1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby coral snake » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:15 pm

Yes Petit is in Benoni. I can't make it. I'm working is there any one else around?
Brown House snake 0.2
Corn snake normal 3.1
Corn snake Albino 0.1
Leopard Gecko 0.0.1
Western Hognose 1.0
White lipped Tree viper 1.1
Yellow anaconda 1.0
Bahai scarlet birdeater 0.1
Fire Red birdeater 0.1
Curly hair 0.1
Chilean rose 0.1

-Alex Parsons