My Green Mamba (Dendroaspis anguticeps) bite

This section will help you get first aid treatment protocols incase of an envenomation. This includes indigenous and exotic reptiles. Please do not use this forum for photo sharing, etc.

Re: My Green Mamba (Dendroaspis anguticeps) bite

Postby Robyn@TRR » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:22 am

A fascinating account indeed, thanks for sharing! Glad you are ok.

You must really miss your watch, it looks like it hasn't left you in quite some time : )
Robyn@TheReptileReport.com, ShipYourReptiles and Pro Exotics
Robyn@TRR
SA Reptiles Member

Postby MrG » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:39 am

Danie Erasmus and his team at KDP hospital are very clued up and I am glad that you were in good hands. Accidents happen and you survived to tell the story.
MrG
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby EDDY » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:46 pm

Ok so today it is been exactly 4 weeks since the bite. My arm is still a bit sore and sensitive, I also get out of breath very quickly. But things are really improving day by day.

I am working again, but I'm taking things as slow as possible. Even though I have an outside job I try not too tire myself out too much and stay away from heavy lifting. I'm most probably going to go see the doctor again this week for a check up.

The only weird thing I'm getting is now and the I have abdominal cramps or pains, especially on my liver. I don't think it's too serious because I just get it now and then and it's not really painful.

Thanks for the replies.
"if this car drive into group of gypsy, would there be any damage to the car?" BORAT
EDDY
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Loslappie » Tue May 07, 2013 7:56 am

Hi Eddy

Glad you recovered well, as with my bite too, swelling was the main concern, but gladly no AV needed.
Do yourself a favour, ask the Dr to do an ECG stress test... it could be totally unrelated, but I had blood clotting issues after my bite. just in case, rather safe than sorry..
If it hasnt yet, it will!
Loslappie
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Venom Club