National reptile inspection and raids

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

National Inspections

Postby CarlaSmit87 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:18 am

I would like to know what are the feelings surrounding the current inspections going on nationwide.
How was your experience, what should be expected?
What would my rights be as a reptile keeper?

And please keep it clean!

-Topics Merged-
CarlaSmit87
SA Reptiles Member

Re: National reptile inspection and raids

Postby Jamster » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:41 am

They inspected our snake park. They did not measure a cage or a snake. Just went through every single cupboard, draw and through all of the permits and the animals that belong to those permits.
1.0-reticulated python (Ripcord)
1.1-burmese pythons
5.5-brown house snakes
1.0-taiwanese ratsnake
3.8-BCI
1.1-corn snakes
1.2-rhombic skaapstekers
1.0-yellow rat snake
Jamster
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:21 pm

Jamster wrote:They inspected our snake park. They did not measure a cage or a snake. Just went through every single cupboard, draw and through all of the permits and the animals that belong to those permits.

Sounds like an normal inspection munis the cupboards :lol:
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jamster » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:07 pm

Not normal. They were rude and interrogating, and knew little or nothing about snakes. They had to get a third unnasociated party in to identify and confrim snakes species as they had no clue. They forced the owner to stop what he was doing and head down to the snake park in convoy. I think they need to chill out, this isnt an episode california county cops or something..
1.0-reticulated python (Ripcord)
1.1-burmese pythons
5.5-brown house snakes
1.0-taiwanese ratsnake
3.8-BCI
1.1-corn snakes
1.2-rhombic skaapstekers
1.0-yellow rat snake
Jamster
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:56 pm

I wonder whether they got the results they wanted.
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Westley Price » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:08 pm

Well if you look at the new TOPS list, they got everything they wanted, but nothing we wanted.
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Postby it_bit_me » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:47 pm

They still they act like the hobby is part of an underground scene.
Even Johan Marais was alienating the hobby when he talked about permits on Aardwolf. :smt017
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to General Discussions